Sustainability Project Coordinator For Sustainability Services
Eurofins|BLC is a small but growing business specialising in testing and consulting and operates within the Eurofins Softlines and Leather division. Established for over 100 years specialising in leather, consumer and chemicals we have the technical pedigree and experience to provide targeted, testing and consulting solutions up and down the supply chain.
Eurofins|BLC is part of the Eurofins Scientific group which is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat to the water you drink to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 6.7 billion, and has been among the best-performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years. Employs over 58,000 staff across a network of more than 1000 independent companies in over 54 countries and operates more than 900 laboratories
This is a new role which will assume the lead for a specific sustainability service project management. At the heart of this role is the creation and content for the Sustainability Digital Tool. This role will be pivotal in meeting the strategic targets for sustainability services and will be based within our consulting team.
To take a service concept to the market. To manage a specific sustainability project focusing on the creation, development and implementation of a digital sustainability tool for consumer product clients. Taking responsibility for the technical content and developmental aspects of the tool and ensuring the timely completion of all activities relating to the project against agreed timescales.
The tool aims to gather data on a product and its supply chain to share across the value chain so that consumers have a better understanding of the impacts of the items they buy.
- Market research and development of product/service scope for the tool
- Define the content and structure of the digital tool
- Planning and implementing the development activities
- Managing technical elements of the tool (ie, the content required) and creating the terms of reference for the tool
- As the project develops identifying an IT provider and liaising with them to create and deliver online platform
- Creation and maintenance of the technical documents that will define the operation of the tool
- Liaising with customers for project feedback and pilot trials
- Liaising with internal stakeholders where necessary to gather information
- Write regular updates and reports on project progress
What we are looking for:
- Ideally a recent graduate with relevant work experience in sustainable products /environment
- Degree educated in sustainability or relevant subject with experience in consumer product supply chains and/or textile, footwear industry
- Demonstrates good problem solving, time management and organisational skills
- A driven, enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, creative and confident individual with outstanding communication skills
- Demonstrates a self-motivated, resilient and above all positive approach with a can-do attitude
About Sustainability Services:
The Eurofins │ BLC sustainability team works with chemical companies, manufacturers and brands and retailers across the leather, textile and synthetic industries offering a variety of sustainability and supply chain risk mitigation services.
Competitive Salary, 37.5 hours per week, Life Insurance, Private Medical Insurance, Income Protection, Group Pension Scheme (match contribution of up to 5 %), Perkbox and free on-site parking