Scientific Analyst - Biochemistry, Ringaskiddy
******Opportunity for a Scientific Biochemistry Analyst*****
Eurofins is offering an exciting opportunity to work on our client site in Ringaskiddy, a world-leading biopharmaceutical company that develops therapeutic drugs in the areas of oncology, immunology, neuroscience, and infectious disease. We are seeking experienced biochemists to work on cutting-edge technologies such as HPLC, Capillary SDS, & Capillary IEF platforms, in our Analytical department, where we are testing a range of new drug products undergoing developmental, stability, and clinical trials.
The purpose of this job is to serve as an Analyst within the client environment to carry out test procedures and produce accurate results, to work to the highest standards in terms of quality and professionalism.
- Perform analytical and/or biochemical tests (such as Particulates analyses- Sub visible testing, MDI, Glidability, Karl Fisher, Compendial tests, pH, Osmolarity testing etc) according to international pharmacopeial, regulatory and corporate standards in a timely and organized manner.
- Generate data and interpret results within required due dates for release and stability.
- Perform data review as requested.
- Keep up to date with existing and new SOP’s and official documentation.
- Contribute to proper use, calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Perform investigations, where required, for deviations, Out-of-Specification Results.
- Handle biologic samples appropriately.
- Solution or media preparation for area supported.
- Develop subject matter expertise on assigned analytical techniques.
- Independently write/revise SOP’s or other official documentation and reports, when required.
- Train other analysts and new personnel as requested.
- Keeping their training records up to date and initiating training where possible when free from work.
- Adhering to all company standards in the area of safety, housekeeping and quality, notifying management of any discrepancies.
- Ensure that all documentation is carried out on time, accurately and legibly.
- Providing cover for other members of the PSS Team as required.
- To be constantly aware of the clients requirements and strive to meet or exceed those requirements keeping in mind the client process and deliverables.
- To identify and communicate to PSS Management areas for improvement or optimisation in order to improve efficiencies and provide a cost effective service.
- As with all members of staff this person is responsible for ensuring that the client requirements are fully met and in so doing will be flexible to work in any area of the business as is required.
- A Bachelor Degree or Masters Qualification in Chemistry, Biology or a related field with knowledge of analytics and/or stability.
Experience / Skills
- At least 1 years experience in a laboratory environment is preferred.
- A good basic knowledge of some of the following techniques – Particulates analyses- Sub visible testing, MDI, Glidability, Karl Fisher, Compendial tests, pH, Osmolarity testing etc. - is an advantage.
- Experience with LIMS systems is desirable
- High attention to detail
- Analytical skills to troubleshoot laboratory issues are an asset
- GMP experience in a laboratory environment
- Good team player
- Good communication skills both internally and externally
Please note shift work is required.
*This is an opportunity to join Eurofins on a full time permanent basis.
*Benefits of pension contribution, medical insurance, health insurance and bonus are included in package.
*Excellent shift rate for shift work.
*Eurofins Management and Team on client site for support.
*Opportunity to get to know fantastic people and be part of a great team.
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 55,000 staff across a network of more than 1000 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 900 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.