Retail Sampling Officer
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
The Eurofins network of companies is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. It is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. It also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 61,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 940 laboratories in 59 countries. Eurofins companies offer a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.72 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Please note this is a full time role working 37.5 hours per week - Monday to Friday 09:00 till 17:00.
The purpose of this role is to procure samples from Retail supermarkets, return them to the laboratory and assist in the registration of the samples. It is essential to have a full driving licence for this role.
Main duties to include:
- To travel to designated supermarkets throughout the UK and purchase samples from a shopping list for testing at the laboratory
- Use Elims (laboratory computer system) to register samples and despatch to the relevant business location in the UK and/or Europe.
- Maintain turnaround time at 100%, ensuring that daily targets are achieved.
- Provide a high level of internal and external customer care.
- Work with the supplier’s queries.
- Administrative duties: updating quotes, checking and amending information in FGS, liaising with Retail, Technical, Customer Service and Sample Registration Teams regarding any issues or queries.
- Responsible for ensuring that UK health and safety legislation is maintained and helping to ensure that the working environment is kept in a clean and tidy manner with due attention to the careful maintenance of all equipment, including the Company van.
- Work with the team to drive the laboratory forward through continuous improvement.
- To assist through operating best practice in order to meet the requirements of the UKAS accreditation standard.
- To partake in any developmental training as required in compliance with the Company Standard.
- Responsible for promoting a professional image of the Company and for complying with the Company's Equal Opportunities and Harassment Policies at all times, including work related events which take place outside normal working hours.
- Comply with all relevant Health, Safety and Security Regulations.
- Read and comply with Company rules, procedures, agreements and any notices displayed by the Company throughout your location.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Knowledge of the UK road network.
- Experienced and confident driver
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiasm, energy and a driven outlook
At Eurofins we are growing, innovating and always learning. We celebrate the achievements of our employees through annual long service awards, recognise our colleagues special life events, and we are committed to charitable causes through global fundraising activities.
As a Eurofins employee you will benefit from:
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Life Assurance (4 times annual salary)
- Company Pension Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24/7 confidential support.
- Free car parking
- Worldwide career opportunities
- Everyone who joins our team also gets access to Perkbox, allowing you to save money all year round. Whether its supermarket savings or days out, the daily coffee or a summer holiday – there’s something to suit everyone’s lifestyle.
What Happens Next
Our people are the backbone of what we do, so it's incredibly important we find the right individuals to join us. As a potential new recruit you'll be invited to meet the team in the form of an assessment centre or a staged interview process dependent on the role and it's requirements, this will give you the opportunity to see what working for Eurofins is really like and enable us to get you know your key skills and strengths.
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as early as possible.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.