Payroll Support Coordinator
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 58,000 staff across a network of more than 1000 independent companies in over 54 countries and operating more than 900 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 6.7 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Working hours are Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm.
Please note that this is a hybrid working position.
Following the recent launch of our New Oracle Payroll and HR system across the UK, we are looking to put in place a new role to support the business. As a Payroll Support Coordinator you will be predominately focused on payroll with some involvement with expenses activity during quieter points in the month.
- Checking and verifying payroll changes i.e. salaries, data changes, pro-rata calculations, statutory payments etc.
- Answer employee payroll, pension & benefit queries via daily monitoring of payroll email inbox to ensure good service is delivered
- Liaising closely with the human resources departments to help resolve employee & Manager queries and maintain accurate payroll records
- Dedicated point of contact for detailed payroll queries, providing full breakdown and calculations as required to employees, Managers and HR team
- Resolve payroll discrepancies using payroll system/reports, and working with other departments where necessary, to rectify any issues
- Generate monthly payroll reports to support managers and finance requirements
- Maintain existing and create new payroll manuals for day to day payroll processes
- Administration, processing and upload of monthly pension contributions
- Review, authorise and process company expenses in line with company policies and HMRC regulations
- Ensure procedures are compliant with legal and audit requirements
- Look to develop current working processes and be proactive in providing alternative workable solutions.
- Other ad hoc administrative duties relating to company benefit schemes such as employee benefits portal, life assurance, income protection and medical insurance policies, amongst others.
- Previous experience working in a similar payroll reconciliation position for approximately 1 to 2 years
- Experience working with computerised/integrated HR/Payroll systems
- Experience of working with multiple group PAYE’s would be beneficial but not essential
- Experience of expense processing would be beneficial but not essential – full training will be provided
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-sufficient, able to prioritise own work and can work to strict deadlines to ensure payroll deadlines are meet
- Good IT skills in particular Microsoft Excel
- Excellent knowledge of Auto-Enrolment processes
- Knowledge of Salary Sacrifice processes would be advantageous but not essential
- Confident with the ability to communicate and engage at all levels, verbally and in writing
- A desire to thrive in a role that requires a positive, proactive and flexible attitude towards change
- Able to work in a secure and confidential environment
- Demonstrate a flexible approach towards changing business needs and willing to offer occasional flexibility in your hours of work where necessary to meet deadlines
At Eurofins we are growing, innovating and always learning. We celebrate the achievements of our employees through annual long service awards, recognise our colleagues special life events, and we are committed to charitable causes through global fundraising activities.
As a Eurofins employee you will benefit from:
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Life Assurance (4 times annual salary)
- Company Pension Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24/7 confidential support.
- Free car parking
- Worldwide career opportunities
- Everyone who joins our team also gets access to Perkbox, allowing you to save money all year round. Whether its supermarket savings or days out, the daily coffee or a summer holiday – there’s something to suit everyone’s lifestyle.
What Happens Next
Our people are the backbone of what we do, so it's incredibly important we find the right individuals to join us. As a potential new recruit you'll be invited to meet the team to give you the opportunity to see what working for Eurofins is really like and enable us to get you know your key skills and strengths.
It’s really helpful for our Recruitment Team if you include a full up to date CV, your current location and a contact number so we can talk to you about our exciting opportunities. Please also detail your current Right to Work status in the UK.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.