Sample Preparation Technician
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 58,000 staff across a network of more than 1000 independent companies in over 54 countries and operating more than 900 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 6.7 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Working hours are Monday-Friday, 6am-2pm.
To prepare samples for analysis as specified by and in line with client requirements, ensuring smooth operation and flow of samples by following standard procedures currently in place.
- Complete the preparation of samples in accordance with standard operating procedures, standards of quality and the requirements of ISO17025.
- Maintaining the area in a clean and tidy manner in line with 5S standards and documented procedures.
- To identify any anomalies and be able to take the necessary steps for a quick resolution.
- Adhering to documented procedures for all aspects of departmental work, ensuring that all relevant information concerning samples is recorded, that samples are handled correctly, and that all necessary records and quality data are maintained.
- Maintain turnaround time at >99%, ensuring that daily targets are achieved.
- Responsible for ensuring that UK health and safety legislation is maintained.
- Partake in any cross departmental developmental training to support and assist with the registration of chemistry samples.
- Work with the team to drive the laboratory forward through continuous improvement.
- To assist through operating best practice in order to meet the requirements of the UKAS accreditation standard.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders in regards to sample/result queries via email and telephone, maintaining a professional approach at all times.
- Previous experience within a laboratory is not required
- Enthusiasm, energy and a driven outlook
- Good communication skills both written and verbally
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Maths, English, Chemistry or Biology at GCSE grade C or above or equivalent
At Eurofins we are growing, innovating and always learning. We celebrate the achievements of our employees through annual long service awards, recognise our colleagues special life events, and we are committed to charitable causes through global fundraising activities.
As a Eurofins employee you will benefit from:
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Life Assurance (4 times annual salary)
- Company Pension Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24/7 confidential support.
- Free car parking
- Worldwide career opportunities
- Everyone who joins our team also gets access to Perkbox, allowing you to save money all year round. Whether its supermarket savings or days out, the daily coffee or a summer holiday – there’s something to suit everyone’s lifestyle.
What Happens Next
Our people are the backbone of what we do, so it's incredibly important we find the right individuals to join us. As a potential new recruit you'll be invited to meet the team to give you the opportunity to see what working for Eurofins is really like and enable us to get you know your key skills and strengths.
It’s really helpful for our Recruitment Team if you include a full up to date CV, your current location and a contact number so we can talk to you about our exciting opportunities. Please also detail your current Right to Work status in the UK.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.