Product Safety Engineer
- Baltimore, MD, USA
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
As regulations change and technology improves, manufacturers & suppliers are challenged to ensure their product or equipment complies with government, regulatory, and industry safety standards to protect populations or the workplace from potential risks associated with use. We help our customers navigate growing complexities in product safety compliance from testing & certification to global market access. The Eurofins MET product safety certification mark on a product is recognized by federal and local authorities having jurisdiction, the retail community, project managers, and the consumer as a product meeting the mandated requirement of compliance to applicable national safety standards. As an OSHA-recognized NRTL (Nationally Recognized Testing Lab), a CB (Certification Body) for the SCC (Standards Council of Canada), and a CAB (Conformity Assessment Body) & CBTL under the IECEE CB Scheme.
- Support department objectives and company goals
- Be a team player
- Sustain a positive, enthusiastic and professional attitude at all times
- Accommodate requests with a smile and “can do” attitude
- Adhere to manager directives
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Arrive on time, properly dressed and prepared to work
- Perform all duties in a timely, accurate, honest and professional manner
- Communicate with customers professionally and in accordance with customer service standards
- Be respectful of others
- Performing testing and evaluation on various products to Electrical Safety standards.
- Evaluate the electrical and mechanical construction of a product to determine if components are suitable for the application.
- Develop test plans and perform tests, such as input current, heat rise, leakage current, electric strength, stored energy (mains plug), mechanical strength and marking durability.
- Assign and provide technical oversight to Test Technicians for your projects
- Travel to customer’s site to perform testing and evaluation, as needed
- Assist in ISO 17025 technical audits
- Write test reports
- Other duties as deemed appropriate by management and for which management believes adequate experience exists, or for which knowledge can be easily obtained in order to perform such duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (preferably electrical or mechanical engineering)
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to follow simple block diagrams/schematics
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Clean driving record
- 0 to 5 years of experience in performing testing and evaluation to UL/CSA/EN/IEC standards
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
- Ability to maintain confidentially
- Needs to be receptive to and accepting guidance from others
- Ability to deal with difficult people and problems
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Able to work in a diverse group of people
- Attention to detail
- Willing to work overtime as necessary
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Travel as needed
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Business Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30 AM- 5:00 PM
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.