- Baltimore, MD, USA
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Eurofins E&E’s Environmental Simulation laboratory offers unique testing capabilities to ensure hardiness and performance of products to extreme dynamic, climatic, and environmental phenomena. Testing programs can include both rapid physical stresses and ongoing climatic conditions that can impact a product’s lifespan. Components and systems are exposed to various types of damage and stress, such as corrosive, explosive, fungal, seismic, shock, water immersion, temperature, and ozone exposure. We help our customers navigate stringent military standards to ensure the performance, quality, and reliability of your equipment and subsystems for efficient market access. To learn more, please visit https://www.metlabs.com/services/environmental-simulation-testing/
- Support department objectives and company goals
- Be a team player
- Sustain a positive, enthusiastic and professional attitude at all times
- Accommodate requests with a smile and “can do” attitude
- Adhere to manager directives
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Arrive on time, properly dressed and prepared to work
- Perform all duties in a timely, accurate, honest and professional manner
- Communicate with customers professionally and in accordance with customer service standards
- Be respectful of others
- Perform Environmental Simulation testing, such as: vibration, temperature, altitude and water spray.
- Setup/breakdown tests in accordance with work instructions/standards and/or Test Engineer’s instruction
- Monitor tests per specifications, interact with customers if needed, troubleshoot, and document all pertinent data
- Complete data sheets and take pictures of test setup
- Manage project documentation in accordance with training
- Collect and review the accuracy of test data
- Unpack, store, control, repack customer equipment.
- Interface with and update Engineers and Manager on status of projects.
- Some fabrication/machining work.
- Responsible for the organization and clean-up of workstation and the environmental laboratory, including putting away tools, storing customer equipment and sweeping.
- Perform in house calibration, measurement uncertainty budgets and calculation in accordance with ISO 17065.
- Perform function checks on equipment returned from calibration (or outside the depts. possession)
- Other duties as deemed appropriate by management and for which management believes adequate experience exists, or for which knowledge can be easily obtained in order to perform such duties.
- AA or AS degree, preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (preferably electrical or mechanical engineering) and/or AA or AS degree with relevant experience
- 0 to 5 years of experience in performing testing to MIL-STD-810
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to follow written instructions
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Clean driving record
- Ability to work with ITAR technical data
- Ability to maintain confidentially
- Needs to be receptive to and accepting guidance from others
- Ability to deal with difficult people and problems
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Able to work in a diverse group of people
- Attention to detail
- Willing to work overtime as necessary
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Travel as needed
- Able to stand or sit for long periods of time
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Ability to climb ladders and use scissor lifts to mount devices, such as antennas
- Ability to safely use power tools and perform light machining
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Business Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30 AM- 5:00 PM
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.