- Wolverhampton, UK
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 58,000 staff across a network of more than 1000 independent companies in over 54 countries and operating more than 900 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 6.7 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Please note working hours are Tuesday-Saturday, 9am-5pm.
As a Laboratory Assistant, you will be required to maintain a clean hygienic working environment within the Wolverhampton Laboratory, whilst maintaining stock control for all working stations for the laboratory.
- Assist the laboratory in stocking up individual work stations which will assist in achieving the optimum production from the laboratory
- Work aseptically and wear appropriate PPE when in the labs
- Dry pre-poured media ready for use in the laboratory
- Supplement broths and medias ready for use within the laboratory
- Organisation of stock rooms and help maintain stock rotation
- Have knowledge of disinfectants and make up daily for in lab use
- Removal of waste from the laboratory throughout the day and maintenance of the hygiene of the internal bins and waste system.
- To be familiar with relevant health and safety legislation and to ensure that all relevant, hazard signs are used when appropriate.
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks as designated by your line manager.
- Previous experience within a Laboratory is not necessary, full training is provided.
- Educated to GCSE level.
- Experience in working in part of a team
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to self motivate
At Eurofins we are growing, innovating and always learning. We celebrate the achievements of our employees through annual long service awards, recognise our colleagues special life events, and we are committed to charitable causes through global fundraising activities.
As a Eurofins employee you will benefit from:
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Life Assurance (4 times annual salary)
- Company Pension Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24/7 confidential support.
- Free car parking
- Worldwide career opportunities
- Everyone who joins our team also gets access to Perkbox, allowing you to save money all year round. Whether its supermarket savings or days out, the daily coffee or a summer holiday – there’s something to suit everyone’s lifestyle.
What Happens Next
Our people are the backbone of what we do, so it's incredibly important we find the right individuals to join us. As a potential new recruit you'll be invited to meet the team to give you the opportunity to see what working for Eurofins is really like and enable us to get you know your key skills and strengths.
It’s really helpful for our Recruitment Team if you include a full up to date CV, your current location and a contact number so we can talk to you about our exciting opportunities. Please also detail your current Right to Work status in the UK.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.