Lead Sustainability Analyst
- Northampton, UK
Eurofins|BLC is a small but growing business specialising in testing and consulting and operates within the Eurofins Softlines and Leather division. Established for over 100 years specialising in leather, consumer and chemicals we have the technical pedigree and experience to provide targeted, testing and consulting solutions up and down the supply chain.
Eurofins|BLC is part of the Eurofins Scientific group which is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat to the water you drink to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 6.7 billion, and has been among the best-performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years. Employs over 58,000 staff across a network of more than 1000 independent companies in over 54 countries and operates more than 900 laboratories
As part of Eurofins | BLC’s consultancy team, this role involves the delivery of sustainability related projects on behalf of our customers (primarily stakeholders in the leather, textile, and associated materials supply chain). Typically, these projects centre around Eurofins | BLC’s core Sustainable Services, including (but not limited to), supply chain mapping, traceability systems, data interpretation, researching, and report writing.
- To build supply chain maps using ESRI Mapping Software, ArcGIS Pro, and ArcGIS Online.
- To research and analyse information and data on sustainability focused topics.
- To produce well-written and referenced reports on research findings.
- To deliver presentations relating to sustainability topics/subjects (online and/or in-person).
- To support the consultancy function to liaise directly with clients and other project stakeholders, to provide highly effective consultative support.
- To work cross-functionally and collaboratively with internal stakeholders to deliver project work.
- To provide support to Eurofins | BLC’s Sustainability Business Development by:
- Project planning, generating promotional materials, and developing internal processes.
- Innovating and developing/evolving our existing products and services to be more “value added” for our customers.
What we are looking for:
- Ideally degree educated in a STEM subject, e.g., Environmental Science, Geography.
- Proven (preferably advanced) experience in the workplace using ESRI Mapping Software, ArcGIS Pro, and ArcGIS Online is essential.
- The ability to research from reputable sources and write high-quality referenced reports is essential.
- Work experience in sustainability and/or related industry is desired.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills, with rigorous attention to detail, and the ability to work to deadlines, competing demands, and diverse customer requirements.
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated computer skills – requires excellent Microsoft Office experience (specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Positive “can-do” attitude.
- Accountable and responsible for own workload.
- Experience of working in a consultancy capacity desirable but not essential.
- Travel occasionally required.
Benefits: Competitive Salary, Life Insurance, Private Medical Insurance, Income Protection, Group Pension Scheme (match contribution of up to 5 %), Perkbox and Free Parking