Research and Innovations Scientist
- Northampton, UK
Eurofins|BLC is a small but growing business specialising in testing and consulting and operates within the Eurofins Softlines and Leather division. Established for over 100 years specialising in leather, consumer and chemicals we have the technical pedigree and experience to provide targeted, testing and consulting solutions up and down the supply chain.
Eurofins|BLC is part of the Eurofins Scientific group which is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat to the water you drink to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 6.7 billion, and has been among the best-performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years. Employs over 58,000 staff across a network of more than 1000 independent companies in over 54 countries and operates more than 900 laboratories
To undertake technical research contract projects on behalf of our customers (primarily stakeholders in the leather, textile, and associated materials supply chain), and facilitate internal projects and method development, as part of the research and innovations consultancy team.
- To provide technical research on behalf of, but not limited to, chemical formulators, materials manufacturers, and brands.
- To undertake a variety of laboratory tasks (e.g., chemical analysis, microscopy, and microbiology) and practically manufacture materials using pilot facilities, which may include novel and animal-based products e.g., leather.
- Delivering scientific findings effectively in the style of technical reports and articles.
- To present findings at regular meetings with clients and internal members of staff.
- To assist with technical peer review and administrative tasks.
- To attend client meetings either face to face or via conference call facilities.
- To support with internal development projects including (but not limited to), method development.
What we are looking for:
- Degree educated in a scientific discipline e.g., biology, chemistry, material science, etc.
- Several years’ work experience in a relevant industry and laboratory experience.
- Knowledge and experience in materials manufacture and performance testing are desirable.
- Projects can be highly practical, and the right candidate will need to be comfortable with practical product development work and be able to work independently and at a fast pace under the guidance of the project leader.
- The ability to work methodically and in a tidy manner is an essential requirement.
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with colleagues and clients.
- Positive attitude with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment.
- Adherence to the highest standards of precision, accuracy, and record-keeping.
- Initiative and an ability to multi-task and plan work effectively to meet strict deadlines.
- Competence in using Microsoft Office software.
- A flexible approach to working additional hours when required.
- Travel is occasionally required.
Benefits: Competitive Salary, Life Insurance, Private Medical Insurance, Income Protection, Group Pension Scheme (match contribution of up to 5 %), Perkbox and Free Parking