Mid/Senior Engineer for Kubernetes Platform
Why are we here?
You may not know our name but we can guarantee you know our work – all we do has a positive impact on life, health and the environment.
Eurofins is by your side every day, from the food you eat to the medicines you rely on. We work with the biggest companies in the world, making sure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
As a fast paced growing environment we are looking for natural born leaders that inspire passion in unique individuals and are not afraid to take risks in order to achieve goals. Life at Eurofins is a meritocracy, where people are empowered to make decisions and are rewarded for their success. We encourage independent thinkers who challenge the status quo and never accept the market’s or the company’s “usual way of doing things”
- Improve existing processes through sustainable solutions to recurring problems and enhancements to existing solutions or documentation by automation
- Operate and install on enterprise-level infrastructure for providing cloud services (Microsoft Azure, AWS, K8s, but not limited to), such as Azure AD and Exchange, for global initiatives following those through to implementation via collaboration with project and support teams
- Cooperate closely with the rest of IT Infrastructure & Operations, architecture and security teams
- Identify opportunities to innovate, extend and enhance service delivery everywhere possible
- ITIL and DevOps approach to resolve technical problems. Troubleshoot occurring issues, investigating root causes and supporting resolution of the issues found
- Serve as escalation point for all IT Teams to do support and troubleshooting, provides guidance and direction in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems
- Deliver quality documentation allowing for smooth day-to-day operations;
- Test installations and setups developed by Standard & Competencies Team
- Provide PoC for improvement of deployment automation for programs and inhouse developed Software products
- At least 3 years of proved experiences in and hands on in complex IT Environments
- Wide knowledge about IT services and their relations in complex Environments,
- Ability to learn and think outside the box
- Capable to do very well analyses and reverse Engineering
- Microsoft Azure, GCP or AWS (Operations and infrastructure)
- Very good Linux management and bash scripting skills
- Solid knowledge in Networking. eBPF/Cilium is a plus
- Deep knowledge and experience with Kubernetes and similar products e.g. OpenShift, AKS, EKS
- Monitoring and alerting systems, e.g. DataDog, Icinga, Nagios
- Security and logging tools, e.g. Aqua, NeuVector, Splunk
- Identity Management
- Automation and Deployment e.g. Azure Pipelines, Terraform, Ansible, Helm
- Software distribution and software packaging
- Good communication skills
- Eager to learn and continuously develop personal and technical capabilities
- Advanced English
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 58,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 54 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.