Communications & Events Manager
- Northampton, UK
- Employees can work remotely
Eurofins|BLC is a small but growing business specialising in testing and consulting and operates within the Eurofins Softlines and Leather division. Established for over 100 years specialising in leather, consumer and chemicals we have the technical pedigree and experience to provide targeted, testing and consulting solutions up and down the supply chain.
Eurofins|BLC is part of the Eurofins Scientific group which is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat to the water you drink to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 6.7 billion, and has been among the best-performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years. Employs over 58,000 staff across a network of more than 1000 independent companies in over 54 countries and operates more than 900 laboratories
You will be a key driver in producing engaging communications and delivering our international events program. You will work with business specialists, as well as key stakeholders such as members and partner organizations around the world through multiple channels.
- Proactively generate effective, accurate, and timely communications through all relevant channels to internal Leather Working Group member audiences and external public-facing audiences in accordance with the communications plan.
- Ensure written and visual messaging in all communications stays on brand, working with business specialists to disseminate technical content.
- Writing articles and developing new content, managing press releases, and ensuring regular daily/weekly external information flow targeted to specific audiences, with support from the Marketing & Engagement Manager and business specialists.
- Regularly update the Leather Working Group website with new engaging content and ensure the correct use of SEO where relevant.
- Manage Google Adwords performance, providing a status report, suggestions for improvement and creating content to support improving performance, based on defined keywords and competitor analysis.
- Support with managing and monitoring SEO performance to achieve and maintain high website rankings in key providers such as Google.
- Creating and sending weekly digital marketing emails in MailChimp and member communications in Salesforce.
- Support the delivery of focused digital marketing campaigns and activities for international multi-stakeholder audiences.
- Managing the day-to-day communications with member brands to ensure their compliance with the LWG brand claims framework.
- Create engaging on-brand digital and offline marketing materials, including images, videos, and other shareable content for our website, events, and social media channels
- Respond to relevant inquiries with a timely manner.
- Manage the events calendar for all major internal and external events, working with business specialists to plan event attendance and participation to elevate Leather Working Group’s profile as a world-leading not-for-profit within the leather sector across multiple industries.
- Work with the team to organize, promote, and deliver the LWG Member Conference, liaising with external speakers, venues, and other suppliers.
- Promote our attendance at key events to encourage engagement.
- Proactively ensure high footfall, positioning, and visibility at events to increase engagement.
- Report on the lead engagement and ensure follow-up communications are actioned by the team.
What we are looking for:
- Ideally, degree educated in a relevant subject such as event planning, marketing, communications and business with a keen interest in sustainability.
- A creative mind who can generate engaging written and visual content, with the ability to understand and disseminate technical information.
- The ability to liaise with external suppliers and key stakeholders as needed.
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills are essential for this position, as well as the ability to manage your own workload and work within a team.
- You need to have strong analytical skills, rigorous attention to detail, the ability to work to deadlines and competing demands, and a positive attitude to challenges.
- Ideally, previous experience with a brand, non-profit or multistakeholder initiative, with transferable skills in this sector.
- Advanced skills in Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, database management, and email.
- Experience with marketing email software such as MailChimp and use of CRM systems such as Salesforce.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Remote working in the UK only and must have ability to travel within the UK and opportunity for occasional international travel.
- Provide support to the rest of the LWG team, including holiday cover, where necessary
You will be employed by Eurofins BLC, working for the Leather Working Group.
About Leather Working Group:
The global multistakeholder, Leather Working Group (LWG) , is a member-led not-for-profit organization that is dedicated to driving excellence in the leather industry, minimizing the impact of leather production, challenging industry perceptions, and driving best practices through a suite of tools and ESG certification. We have over 1,800 member companies and represent over 25% of the world’s leather production. Discover more at www.leatherworkinggroup.com
Benefits: Flexibility to work from home, UK based only. Competitive Salary, Life Insurance, Private Medical Insurance, Income Protection, Group Pension Scheme (match contribution of up to 5 %), Perkbox