Laboratory Assistant - EFTIL
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR â‚¬ 6.8 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
We are a dynamic and fast-growing analytical services company supplying clients in both the public and private sector. As we grow we have exciting opportunities for talented, enthusiastic people who are keen to be rewarded for their hard work and dedication. We are currently sourcing a Laboratory Assistant, why not consider joining our team in Dungarvan.
The Food Microbiology Laboratory is an INAB accredited analytical testing facility. The role of Laboratory Assistant is to work as part of a team providing a support service to busy laboratory departments in an efficient, confidential and quality orientated manner.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 0800-1615 or 0900-1715
- Ensure Compliance to the 17025 standard at all times by adhering to the in house quality procedures provided
- Ensure all laboratory areas are fully stocked with daily consumables and media.
- Responsible for the daily set-up of the laboratory to include temperature checks, balance checks, media supplementation etc.
- Clean laboratory equipment as required, including fridges, incubators water baths etc.
- Ensure that all sanitiser bottles and beakers are filled and changed regularly and the correct control labels are attached.
- Assisting in stores to put away stock when it arrives.
- Order and receipt of stock and consumables using the group Coupa system.
- Assist with the production of media in the media department.
- Responsible for ensuring any documentation and logbooks are completed accurately and in a timely manner in accordance with company procedures.
- Responsible for adhering to all company standards in the area of safety, housekeeping and quality, notifying management of any discrepancies.
- Completion of other duties as required.
- No Science qualification is required as full training will be given.
- A working knowledge of computers is essential.
Who we are looking for:
- Hard working self-motivated and professional team player
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, organise and co-ordinate your own workload
- Good written and verbal communication skills.