Junior Stores Assistant
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 61,000 staff across a network of more than 1000 independent companies in over 59 countries and operating more than 940 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 6.7 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Consider joining Eurofins where people are the most important element in our business. Eurofins Biopharma Product Testing is a leading contract lab that provides testing and research services in the environmental, pharmaceutical, and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
We are currently recruiting for a full time Stores Assistant within our team in Dungarvan.
The main aim of the role is to ensure that purchasing stock and store controls are handled in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Manage all stock movements and follow through any discrepancies that arise.
- Receipt stock in accordance with our policies and procedures.
- Approve all packing slips for payment once stock has been reconciled.
- Process claims where required on faulty goods, late deliveries, and short deliveries
- Report to Manager on a daily basis any issues relating to goods movement.
- Organise outward packages via relevant couriers.
- Dispatch all outward goods using approved freight providers, processes and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for ensuring purchasing documentation is completed accurately, in a timely manner and organized and filed correctly in accordance with company procedures.
- This person must ensure the stores are properly organized including labelling, FIFO, stacking, correct separation of goods, tidiness, etc. so items can be identified quickly and easily.
- Responsible for maintaining procedures to maintain effective, interdepartmental communication (e.g. with accounts, administration, chemistry, microbiology). This applies both to systems and feedback on status of materials being purchased.
- Responsible for intake and labelling of all goods/supplies and for distribution to the stores or relevant areas in line with the company’s procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a stock library of “one-off” chemicals and reference standards.
- This person is responsible for participating in the training necessary to familiarize himself / herself with purchasing management, stock control systems, logistics, software, etc. They are responsible for keeping their training sheets up to date, etc.
Full clean driving license is essential.
Strong IT skills / Excel.
Diligent, hard-working, takes ownership of tasks.
Organised, accurate, with good productivity and attention to detail.
Passionate about process improvement.
Good communication skills both internally and externally.
Good team player.
Full time, permanent position with opportunities for career progression.