Sustainability Associate for Leather Working Group (LWG)
- Northampton, UK
- Employees can work remotely
Eurofins|BLC is a small but growing business specialising in testing and consulting and operates within the Eurofins Softlines and Leather division. Established for over 100 years specialising in leather, consumer and chemicals we have the technical pedigree and experience to provide targeted, testing and consulting solutions up and down the supply chain.
Eurofins|BLC is part of the Eurofins Scientific group which is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat to the water you drink to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 6.7 billion, and has been among the best-performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years. Employs over 58,000 staff across a network of more than 1000 independent companies in over 54 countries and operates more than 900 laboratories
You will be employed by Eurofins BLC to work for a global multi-stakeholder, member-led organisation. Further details in additional information.
Your role will be to develop the Leather Working Group’s (LWG) work on traceability of leather, including expanding LWG’s scope to verify the chain of custody. This role will cover a range of activities including stakeholder engagement, research and project management.
- Project manage global projects related to developing the chain of custody and development of traceability requirements for LWG
- Manage engagement with internal and external stakeholders to ensure project deadlines are achieved and delivered against identified milestones
- Research sustainability, traceability and relevant supply chain due diligence topics, through reading reports, meeting with relevant organisations and individuals
- Daily communication and engagement with members, and other external stakeholders such as NGOs responding to inquiries, managing responses and updates as appropriate on sustainability and traceability-related topics
- Manage stakeholder consultation processes, analysis feedback and preparation of reports for both internal and external use
- Help coordinate the development of LWG’s Global Due Diligence Framework – a resource to support and inform members on key issues related to sourcing leather and sustainability
- Developing tools and resources for members to use and as content for LWG website, including policy documents and training materials for onboarding members and stakeholders
- Assist in the review and development of traceability requirements within the LWG standards and supporting materials
- Co-ordinate multi-stakeholder groups across the LWG Traceability Working Group and specialist steering committees, together with the LWG Traceability Project Manager
- Manage the preparation of presentations, taking ownership of presenting key updates and topic areas as required
- Work closely with the core team and support all additional tasks as and when required
What we are looking for:
- Degree educated in environmental sciences or sustainability, leather materials and/or relevant work experience in a related industry
- Experience in global supply chains, sourcing and product development within the garment, footwear or related sectors preferred
- Project management experience is essential and must have excellent technical research skills that draw practical conclusions in a fast-paced environment
- Desirable to have knowledge of traceability systems and chain of custody models
- Proven relevant experience, ideally with a brand, non-profit or multistakeholder initiative with transferable skills in this sector
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to manage your own workload and work within a remote team within the UK.
- Proven ability to deliver presentations to audiences both remotely and in-person
About Leather Working Group:
The global multistakeholder, Leather Working Group (LWG) , is a member-led not-for-profit organization that is dedicated to driving excellence in the leather industry, minimizing the impact of leather production, challenging industry perceptions, and driving best practices through a suite of tools and ESG certification. We have over 1,800 member companies and represent over 25% of the world’s leather production. Discover more at www.leatherworkinggroup.com
Benefits: Flexibility to work from home, UK based only. Competitive Salary, Life Insurance, Private Medical Insurance, Income Protection, Group Pension Scheme (match contribution of up to 5 %), Perkbox and free on-site parking