Sourcing Specialist: Construction (Hybrid)
- Lancaster, PA, USA
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 55,000 staff across a network of more than 1000 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
As a Sourcing Specialist, your primary responsibility will be to support the NSC Procurement Department for the North America-based Eurofins companies. You will report into the Category Manager (Consumables, Equipment, Services) and refine processes as well as execute new category strategies as they pertain to current projects. While this role does not call for a specific years of experience, Eurofins is searching for a candidate that possesses the following skills:
- Managing Purchasing related activities for specific construction projects/ site expansions for Eurofins, in close coordination with the Construction Category Manager, Business and Real Estate team.
- Obtain significant cost savings on Construction Projects for Eurofins companies with increasing level of quality and lower delivery time
- Effectively partner with key stakeholders to understand the laboratory business requirements, align on goals and drive sourcing initiatives.
- Leading the sourcing process (RFI and RFQ) with the support of technical experts, including negotiations with suppliers.
- Influence and lead the change management (including set-up of test plans) to ensure sourcing practices, processes and tools are adopted across the organization.
- Self-motivation, performance driven mind-set to deliver within agreed deadlines
- Research (social media, websites, etc) to gain market information, costs and risk management assessments
- Sound analytical skills and use of excel
- Data and detailed Bid analysis
- Leading Negotiation with suppliers
- Sound knowledge of legal and contractual issues and negotiating contracts
Additional responsibilities include:
- Managing supplier selection, RFP process, negotiation, contracting and supplier performance processes
- Creating a strong knowledge and intelligence base for assigned categories, market dynamics and suppliers relevant to the business
- Strong resilience and ability to work under pressure to manage and transform transactional/operational focus into ‘value driven’ purchasing
- Ensuring the administration, implementation, compliance, and enforcement of national commodity and contracting strategies
- Driving sourcing process alignment through project management including compliance regarding scope, timeline, deliverables, total cost of ownership, quality, and budget
- The ability to lead negotiations for multi-site group contracts and extract cost savings
- Building relationships with external suppliers and internal stakeholders by effectively communicating expectations
- Leading and integrating assigned portfolio of spend related to post-acquisition activity
- Leading both sourcing and operational scope in purchasing
- Experience in Construction category is desired but not essential
- Experience with Coupa Source-to-Pay is an asset but not mandatory
Basic Minimum Qualifications (BMQ):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain or Sciences (or related field) preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of Purchasing experience. Experienced candidate can be considered for Senior Sourcing Specialist position
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communication
What we Offer:
Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
Life and disability insurance
401(k) with company match
Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.