Operational Excellence Lean Project Manager
- Lancaster, PA, USA
Are you looking to affect meaningful change in a growing organization? Are you passionate about continuous improvement, creating efficiencies, and maximizing positive value? If so, we are looking for you! Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Professional Scientific Services, LLC (Eurofins PSS) is searching for an Operational Excellence / Lean Project Manager to join our operations team as a change agent of continuous improvement and superlative service delivery. This is a diverse and dynamic role that supports multiple groups across the US and Europe with the goal of driving improvements that create a WOW experience that delights and inspires our people and our customers.
Consider joining Eurofins PSS where people are the most important “element in our chemistry”. Eurofins is a leading international group of laboratories providing an unparalleled range of testing and support services to the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, food, environmental, and consumer products industries and to governments. Eurofins is testing for life.
We believe that a person is happiest when they have the opportunity to use their strengths daily and have fun doing it! If you are looking forward to making a positive difference every day as part of a business committed to employee and client WOW experiences, please apply. We are looking forward to meeting you!
- Demonstrate and promote the PSS Operational Excellence / Lean strategies and vision. Serve as a change agent by engaging and inspiring employees to understand and embrace a culture of continuous improvement.
- Manage growth of platform visual management reportable tools
- Perform data reportable processes, mapping documentation, administrative documentation / scheduling as needed, CI lean tool education
- Lead and drive Operational Excellence / lean pilots and projects to drive improvements and create value for our customers and employees. Actively participate in identifying project ideas, establishing baselines, project planning, and project management through execution.
- Engage employees through lean champion team facilitation for continuous improvement projects.
- Assist in leading existing trainings and creating new training modules for general and intermediate methodologies, tools, and practices. These may be virtual or in person as safety permits.
- Demonstrate positive, energetic, role model leadership while leading project teams and mentoring site champions
- Maintain project tracking and communicate status and other relevant data to employees, champions, and business leaders
- Assure program site metrics are collected and consistently reported. Assist new program start up with establishing appropriate metrics and setting up Recognize and share best practices among teams for improvement ideas, tools, and initiatives
- Ongoing education and personal development to stay apprised of current practices and methodologies
- Travel up to 50% of the time both nationally and to corporate headquarters as required and per safety guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in laboratory sciences or equivalent relevant degree concentration, or equivalent directly-related experience (two years of directly related industry experience is equivalent to one full-time year of college in related major).
- 3-5 years of experience in comparable industries, with at least 1 year knowledge of lean, CI methodology, team facilitation, tools experience engaging teams in successful improvements / site optimizations.
- Training creation and facilitation experience of at least 1 year
- High level of proficiency with PC based software programs including Microsoft Excel to analyze and present data, including use of pivot tables, and MS Teams and its applications, survey tools, and MS suite
- Demonstrated experience working in a diverse team environment and effectiveness across multiple time zones. Willing to work outside normal business hours as job dictates
- Excellent coordination, problem solving, and analytical skills. Keenly attentive to details.
- Goal oriented, able to work independently with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to interact and communicate effectively, both verbally and written, with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential
- High positive energy, strongly people oriented with a commitment to service to others
As a Lancaster Labs PSS employee, you will become part of a growing and high employee focused company that has received national recognition for superlative service and as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
Eurofins invited diversity and inclusion to our workplace. We are equality focused and welcome all qualified applicants to apply, gender open, ethnicity, race, Disability, Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action welcoming employer. We are recognized by the HRC as a great place to work.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.