Project Management - Business Quotations Specialist - Eurofins CDMO Alphora
- Mississauga, ON, Canada
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 58,000 staff across a network of more than 1000 independent companies in over 54 countries and operating more than 900 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 6.7 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Eurofins CDMO Alphora Inc. provides a fully integrated suite of services to support drug substance and drug product development from the IND enabling development stage, through to phase II & III supply, and commercial validation and manufacturing for niche APIs. In addition to a continuing flow of interesting and challenging projects for global pharmaceutical and biotech companies, Eurofins CDMO Alphora Inc. is committed to growing its state-of-the-art organization, with continued investments in its people, modern facilities, equipment, and instrumentation.
The Business Quotation Specialist is accountable to the Vice President, Business Development and Project Management for all activities related to the generation of quotations/business proposals and metrics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Lead all activities related to proposal preparation including:
- Strategy planning
- Technical call with Client
- Scope of the business proposal in alignment with RFP and Client/program requirements
- Engage and coordinate with Research & Development (R&D), Analytical Services (AS), Solid State Research & Development (SSR&D), Manufacture (OPS) and Drug Product Operations (DPO) teams on following:
- ---Technical evaluation - safety, R&D, analytical, manufacture, quality
- ---Scope of R&D, analytical, solid state, and manufacturing sections
- ---Scope of Drug Product formulation, analytical and manufacturing sections
- Dashboard updates
- Raw materials sourcing
Coordinates all internal communications, meetings and overall collaboration with respect to quote preparation to ensure alignment with scope.
Supports Business Development Executive on technical call with Client and ensure expertise, strategy and management support is provided to aid in quote preparation.
Provide quotation support for preparation of initial draft and finalization including review of ALL quote sections with emphasis on quote scope, quality and competitive pricing.
Proactively lead improvements initiatives focused on quotation templates and business process.
Support Vice President, Business Development and Project Management on maintenance of Quote Log, Capacity File, Monthly Sales Reports, Monthly Management Slides, Material Tracker, Client Pipeline updates and other KPI tracking tools/reports.
Support Leadership with weekly review of departmental capacity file.
Develop and maintain an understanding of Alphora’s capabilities and capacity in all Business Units.
COMMUNICATION AND CONTACTS:
Within the Company
- Support all Business Units within Alphora on leading preparation of quotations.
- Maintain communication with Leadership team on forecasting and future capacity planning.
Outside of the Company
- Participate in communication with Clients during teleconferences and site visits.
- Interact with clients, industry peers, suppliers as required.
- B.Sc. preferred
- Pharma/Biotech/Chemical industry experience
- 5+ years relevant experience in a quotation, business development, and/or sales role
- Strong oral and written communication
- ChemDraw Preferred but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Project and Excel
Eurofins supports equal opportunities for inclusion and invites all qualified applicants to apply; if accommodations are required in the application or interview process, please contact us via www.eurofins.ca. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Accommodation: Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request via the website at www.eurofins.ca
NO AGENCIES, PHONECALLS OR EMAILS PLEASE.