Research Scientist - R&D Synthetic Organic Chemist - Eurofins CDMO Alphora
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 58,000 staff across a network of more than 1,000 independent companies in over 54 countries and operating more than 900 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 6.7 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Eurofins CDMO Alphora Inc. provides a fully integrated suite of services to support drug substance and drug product development from the IND enabling development stage, through to phase II & III supply, and commercial validation and manufacturing for niche APIs. In addition to a continuing flow of interesting and challenging projects for global pharmaceutical and biotech companies, Eurofins CDMO Alphora Inc. is committed to growing its state-of-the-art organization, with continued investments in its people, modern facilities, equipment, and instrumentation.
The successful candidates will work on research, development, and implementation of process technologies for the manufacture of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs).
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Planning and execution of experiments in R&D laboratories
• Data analysis, interpretation, and documentation in development reports
• Development of inherently safe processes based on thermal hazard assessment
• Maintaining a safe and well-organized laboratory work area
• Technology transfer to both internal and external manufacturing facilities
M.Sc. or Ph.D in Chemistry. Experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry will be an asset.
• B.Sc. in Chemistry with >10 years experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
• Must have a strong knowledge of organic chemistry and hands-on experience in the synthesis of complex organic molecules
• Experience in process scale-up, selection and sourcing of raw materials, setting specifications, economic and regulatory constraints will be an asset
• Must be highly motivated and have a proven record of success in multiple projects
• Must be well organized and able to meet project timeline commitments
• Must work well in a multi-disciplinary team environment and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Accommodation: Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request via the website at www.eurofins.ca
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received international recognition as a great place to work. To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website at www.eurofins.ca
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO AGENCIES, PHONECALLS OR EMAILS PLEASE