Research & Development Manager - Eurofins CDMO Alphora
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 58,000 staff across a network of more than 1000 independent companies in over 54 countries and operating more than 900 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 6.7 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Eurofins CDMO Alphora Inc. provides a fully integrated suite of services to support drug substance and drug product development from the IND enabling development stage, through to phase II & III supply, and commercial validation and manufacturing for niche APIs. In addition to a continuing flow of interesting and challenging projects for global pharmaceutical and biotech companies, Eurofins CDMO Alphora Inc. is committed to growing its state-of-the-art organization, with continued investments in its people, modern facilities, equipment, and instrumentation.
The Manager, Research and Development will manage the successful development, implementation and evaluation of client’s complex, small molecule process chemistry research projects in a timely manner as well as contribute towards effective departmental operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Lead departmental compliance with Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) rules/regulations by training, adhering and monitoring as well as reporting any workplace incidents, injuries and accidents immediately
· Lead R+D team(s) in the process research and development of early stage route selection and scale up of API (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients) programs
· Act as a leader in resolution of technical and scientific challenges of multiple and interdependent programs
· Develop process research project plans in coordination with other dept.’s such as Analytical Services, Operations, and Quality Assurance.
· Monitor project progress through tools such as regular status meetings, scheduled reviews, Gantt Charts
· Actively contribute to project success through the technical review of lab and scale up efforts as well as regular budget review activities
· Engage routinely with Technology Transfer and Manufacturing teams for a constructive collaboration and efficient and successful scale up manufacture
· Fulfil a key point of contact role for clients on scientific and technical matters related to projects
· Manage and review final project reports
· Play a key role in evaluating new business proposals (i.e. provision of R+D feasibility and resource estimates)
· Collaborate with department leadership in allocating project resources (lab space, equipment and staff)
· Lead in the management of scientific staff through activities such as recruitment, performance management and professional development
· Train and coach scientific staff on Alphora’s business quotation program with the objective of independently leading quotation preparation
· Lead and/or contribute to departmental initiatives or responsibilities as assigned by Vice President, R+D
• Years of experience 7-10 years
• Industry experience min 5 years
• Educational background Ph D Organic Chemistry
• Soft skills and other qualifications: strong written/oral communication, strong interpersonal skills, proven experience managing people
Eurofins supports equal opportunities for inclusion and invites all qualified applicants to apply; if accommodations are required in the application or interview process, please contact us via www.eurofins.ca. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Accommodation: Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request via the website at www.eurofins.ca