Engineering Specialist - Eurofins CDMO Alphora
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 58,000 staff across a network of more than 1000 independent companies in over 54 countries and operating more than 900 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 6.7 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Eurofins CDMO Alphora Inc. provides a fully integrated suite of services to support drug substance and drug product development from the IND enabling development stage, through to phase II & III supply, and commercial validation and manufacturing for niche APIs. In addition to a continuing flow of interesting and challenging projects for global pharmaceutical and biotech companies, Eurofins CDMO Alphora Inc. is committed to growing its state-of-the-art organization, with continued investments in its people, modern facilities, equipment, and instrumentation.
The Engineering Specialist will be responsible for providing a wide range of engineering support for Drug Product development and manufacturing operations. The Engineering Specialist will on-board and validate new process technologies, support the Formulation Development team with the operation and set up of process technologies, oversee and conduct facility and equipment maintenance. The Engineering Specialist may perform other engineering related duties as required including production support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support facility expansion and capital projects
- Conduct equipment and facility validations including drafting of protocols and reports
- Support drug product development and clinical manufacturing operations for Phase 1 and 2 clinical trials
- Identify, purchase, and install GMP manufacturing equipment for oral dosage development and manufacturing.
- Draft standard operating procedures for equipment, facility and health and safety.
- Support formulation and process development activities as required
- Support the development and training of Operations staff
- Conduct facility and equipment maintenance
- Oversee Calibration vendors and ensure compliance with calibration program
- Perform other engineering related duties as required
- BSc., B.Eng or related field
- GMP/Pharma industry experience preferred
- 2-4 years related experience
- Articulate with strong oral/written communication skills – will be client facing
- Proficient with Excel and other Office programs
Eurofins supports equal opportunities for inclusion and invites all qualified applicants to apply; if accommodations are required in the application or interview process, please contact us via www.eurofins.ca. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Accommodation: Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request via the website at www.eurofins.ca