Principal Associate- IT(Network L3 Engineer)
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 5.4 billion Euros turnover, over 900 laboratories across 50 countries and about 55,000 staff.
TITLE: Network Operations Engineer – Level 3
REPORTING To: Head of CoC Network
WORKING LOCATION: Bangalore
SUMMARY OF ROLE AND OBJECTIVES:
· A senior technical resource within the team who can manage complex networks including datacentres.
· Contributing to day-to-day network issues, including managing Critical issues to resolution and adjusting to priority requests to support the Business requirement.
· Conducting Network audit in the current environment to identify the gaps and challenges in the technology, team expertise, process, documentations etc. and deploying the service improvement plan.
· Supporting during the technical escalations / elevated support for maintaining service level agreements.
· Following ITIL methodology, and utilising the existing Eurofins Policies and Procedures, the mission of the position ‘Network Operations – Level 3” is to:
· Design, validate and update the networking standards (as outlined in the ENNA [Eurofins Normalised Network Architecture] document), and all global and regional objects of which you are responsible, maintaining objectives regarding the general functional attributes, as a member of CoC Network.
· Configure and manage the corporate solutions for VOIP, load-balancing, end-point protection, corporate WAN reporting, VPN (including SSLVPN);
· Manage the CoC Network ITSM queue consisting of:
o Extensive triage and resolution of Network related Incidents (VOIP, Data). Actively involved in troubleshooting and resolve the P1 and P2 Incidents in Eurofins Network landscape.
o Fulfilment of Network Requests like new device installation, configurations.
o Follow Eurofins Change Management Processes to own and manage the Network Changes from start to finish.
o Participate in SWOT analysis/Proactive Problem Management and contribute to the improvement of Network services’ health.
o Actively involve and complete the assigned Projects related to Network tools and Technologies. New site VOIP, Data integrations etc.
ROLE & OBJECTIVES:
· Participate in the CoC Network as a member and own key topics relating to incident management;
· Global project management with regards to the CoC Network.
· Take an active role in the creation and review of all documentation relating to the CoC Network and any services within (Key Group Documents, Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, Request for Change, Guidelines);
· Deliver all services following ITIL methodology for Service Creation, including the following:
o IT Service Card;
o Standard Operating Procedures / Work Instructions;
o Service Transition.
ADDITIONAL DETAILS ON ROLES & OBJECTIVES:
· Ensure follow-up to the IT Infrastructure Technical Director on a regular basis and as often as requested to the IT Infrastructure and Operations Director and Regional Infrastructure Managers.
PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL CRITERIA:
Successful implementation of agreed upon projects;
Timeliness of projects and work deliverables;
Performance of the CoC Network queue (KPIs TBD);
Feedback from internal customers (Service Desk, Project Managers, project colleagues).
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Initial Educational background:
· University Degree in Information Technology or comparable field or relevant work experience in Information Technology (min. 10 years plus)
· Strong Communication Skill required in English (Verbally and Writing)
· Specific Skills required in terms of:
· General Technical Skills:
Minimum 10 years working in Information Technology with experience or specialization in:
o High Skills and Extensive knowledge of networking and datacenter technologies, switching, routing, VoIP and high availability using Cisco components
o High skills and extensive in a geographically diverse environment of LAN / WAN / WLAN topologies, Proxies, Load Balancers (A10 load balancer experience is preferred) and Network security technology especially:
1. Check Point
2. Cisco ASA
o High skills and extensive knowledge of networking and DC Design and Architecture models
o Desired knowledge of SD-WAN Technology Velocloud.
o High skills and extensive knowledge of QoS and queuing theory, traffic shaping and policy management and other operational/engineering activities as required
o High skills and extensive knowledge of MPLS, BGP/OSPF, Routing convergence optimization.
o Experienced with IPsec, Dynamic and Route Based VPN tunnels
o High skills and extensive knowledge of VPN technologies like IPSEC VPN
o Remote Access, Authentication (such as Radius/TACACS), Intrusion Prevention/Detection Systems (IDS), Cisco ACS server
o Deployment and administration of various Cisco Solutions;
o High skills and extensive knowledge of Cisco Wireless controllers/LAPWAP/Autonomous AP and Hive manager with Aerohive access points
o Experienced with Load Balancers like KEMP, A10 or F5;
o Experienced with Cisco Call manager and UCS
o Experienced with Cisco ASR, Cisco ACI platform.
o Design and execute various Cisco Unity configurations and provide support to Unified Messaging;
o Working in a tightly controlled environment with regards to Change Management;
o Technical Documentation.
· Specific Technical Skills:
· An extensively deep understanding and contextual experience with:
· ITIL-based Incident management experience;
· Networking Specifics:
o All Layer 2 protocols, specifically:
Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)
First Hop Redundancy protocol (HSMY7RP,VRRP/GLBP)
Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP);
DHCP relay configuration in switch and firewall
o All Layer 3 Protocols, specifically:
· Knowledge and experience with the management and configuration of Cisco switching devices and Cisco IOS, including Catalyst: 29xx, 3xxx and also Nexus devices like 5k,7k & 9k;
· Knowledge and experience managing and configuring Cisco routing devices like 29xx,19xx,43xx;
· Deep knowledge and experience of firewalling technologies with a focus on Check Point technologies, accepted best practices; Next Generation Firewalling knowledge highly desirable
· Personal Qualities/Profile:
· Autonomous – Proactive – Analytical – Rigorous – Business focused – Good communication and writing skills – Risk oriented sensitivity.
· Management capabilities:
· Ability to coordinate project tasks from inception to completion including coordination of work with different individuals and teams is mandatory.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
English Fluency Required
Experience in an international company preferred
CCIE, CCSM/CCSE, CCVP, CCDA, CCNP, or CCDP Preferred but not required