Senior Software Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries, operating more than 800 laboratories. Performing over 400 million tests every year, Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialized clinical diagnostics testing.
Â Eurofins is one of the fastest growing listed European companies. Since its IPO on the French stock exchange in 1997, Eurofins, sales have increased by 35% each year (in compound average) to over EUR 4.5 billion in 2020.
About Eurofins IT Solutions India Pvt Ltd
Eurofins IT Solutions India Pvt Ltd (A CMMI Level 3 Company) is a 100% fully owned subsidiary of Eurofins. This young captive center located in Bangalore was established in 2012 to be the largest IT Solutions group within Eurofins to cater to all the internal IT business needs. The primary focus of the IT Solution group will be to develop the next generation LIMS (Lab Information Management System), customer portals, eCommerce solutions, ERP/CRM systems, and digital platforms for various Eurofins Laboratories and Service Centers.
EITS India is a Young, Dynamic, and Growing organization with a lot of career growth prospects. We strongly believe that ‘Our people are our assets’ and we ensure that all our staff is provided with a great work environment, good benefits and challenging global projects to enable a fulfilling career. We are committed to providing an enriching experience to our employees
POSITION TITLE: Senior Software Engineer
REPORTING TO: Manager
REPORTING LOCATION: Bangalore
WORKING LOCATION: Bangalore
SUMMARY OF POSITION AND OBJECTIVES:
Eurofins Agroscience Services is looking to digitalize its paper based GLP processes by developing a Lab Execution System in order to improve the quality of data and services delivered by its 1700+ customers worldwide. This is a strategic and highly visible program, directly driven by senior management.
POSITION & OBJECTIVES:
We expect this role to contribute towards of development of secured and high performance web application. Contribute to the design, development, troubleshoot, test application including backend (server side web API-.net Core), Web (Angular 8+).
- Interact in a constructive manner with Business Analysts in order to:
- Estimate the complexity and the workload.
- Choose the most appropriate technical solution to meet the user requirements.
- Reach the optimal requirement artifact that will lead to a working software solution.
- Interact in a constructive manner with other IT teams.
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues.
- Design, develop, deploy(on premise + cloud) and support web applications, solutions as per business requirements and built the services upon Microsoft Stack and Angular framework
- Maintain, modify, optimize and extend existing solutions as a part of support and performance optimization projects.
- Working together with other team members (dev/QA) to ensure high quality of delivered solutions.
- Ensuring best pattern and practices and high quality standards are implemented and followed.
- Performing other related duties as required when needed.
- 6 to 8 years of experience with developing end to end solutions using Microsoft Stack of Technologies and Angular web applications.
- Good understanding of design & architecture and UML digrams.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Collaboration with Software Architect(s) and other technical groups within Eurofins (Includes design, documentation, prototyping and validation)
- Strong experience in designing and working with n-tier architecture solutions
- Usage of Team Foundation Server (TFS) and GIT repositor
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strong working knowledge on server-side development (backend - Asp.net core MVC Web API, Entity Framework core)
- Good working knowledge of database (MSSQL – SQL, T-SQL etc.)
- Strong technical knowledge on REST and JSON
- Strong working knowledge of application development using .NET, C#
- Experience in designing and working with Domain driven and Micro Services architecture.
- Hands-on experience in unit testing (NUNIT or VS Unit Test)
- Development knowledge of TypeScript, Angular 8 or above, HTML5 and CSS3 technologies
- Should have worked on at least one SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) project
- Understanding of UML, object-oriented programming (OOP) and Object Oriented Design principles
- Strong knowledge of software implementation best practices
- Able to provide technical recommendations and solve technical problems
- Must be a quick learner
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal/written Communication, Interpersonal and Presentation skills. And can explain complex functional/technical concepts with ease (via diagrams, flowcharts etc.,).
- Should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player and exhibit exceptional relationship skills
- Candidate to have do-it-done attitude; the ability to think critically; enjoy working with teams spread globally and across cultures; a desire to learn in new areas; and the discipline to pay attention to deadlines, details and quality.
- Experience in Agile (Scrum) methodologies needed.
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software is necessary
TECHNOLOGY – NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience in AWS cloud platform
- AGILE Development (Scrum)
- Experience in CI-CD implementation
Engineering Defree in Computer Science/MCA or any other Bachelor’s degree with the relevant experience.
- The successful candidate will have a self-motivated, get-it-done attitude; the ability to think critically; enjoy working with teams spread globally and across cultures; a desire to learn in new areas; and the discipline to pay attention to deadlines, details and quality.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to interact with team in Europe
- Ready to travel to Europe (5-10%)