Assistant Manager- IT
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 5.4 billion Euros turnover, over 900 laboratories across 50 countries and about 55,000 staff.
TITLE: Assistant Manager IT
REPORTING TO: IT Infra PMO
WORKING LOCATION: Bangalore, India
Together with the IT Infra PMO team, you will work on high-impact global IT Infrastructure programs with extensive exposure to top-leadership while enjoying great entrepreneurial freedom. You will play a key role in international programs that interface with internal teams as well as external parties.
- Manage, monitor and deliver multiple interrelated complex global IT Infrastructure projects;
- Define scope, provide estimates, plan the budget, allocate resources, own communications and governance;
- Proactively identify project delivery risks, establish mitigation measures, mechanisms and communicate;
- Schedule and deliver projects in a highly interdependent ecosystem with multiple stakeholders across the globe;
- Establish delivery monitoring controls and governance mechanisms;
- Lead, guide, inspire, motivate and direct multiple cross-organizational teams to deliver the project, ensuring to meet the project KPIs;
- Preparation and presentation of decision-making material for top-management.
- Should have been responsible for end to end implementation of Global IT Infrastructure projects right from user requirements gathering, sponsor approval, building the project management plan, project team building, resource allocation, execution and project delivery;
- Should have strong IT Infrastructure background with Data Centre, blue print implementations or green field infrastructure related projects;
- Should have significant remote IT Infrastructure Project Management experience at least for 3-5 large and complex projects involving multiple continents globally.
- Responsible for significant, institute-wide projects, typically with large budgets and sizeable team size, focused on meeting project commitments, including communications with sponsors stakeholders etc.;
- Should essentially have strategic and operational responsibilities;
- Lead the project right from initiation phase until the kill point with concerted efforts towards coordinating with all the stakeholders of the global IT Infrastructure groups;
- Should have minimum 5-7 years of experience in defining the project charters, developing scope of work, building WBS, carrying out risk analysis and mitigation measures for large and complex projects. Should be able to forecast resource requirements that includes human, infrastructure, CapEx, OpEx etc. essential to successfully deliver a project;
- Should have proven experience in project risk management – qualitative and quantitative risk analysis, formulating risk mitigation plans, creating PI matrix, etc;
- Should have adequate experience in project budget planning, vendor management and procurement management;
- Shall be responsible for building the project communication plan; effectively communicate with key stakeholders on the project progress, issues and deliverables.
- Shall be responsible for managing the CRs from stakeholders, approval of CRs, updating the project management plans thereof;
- Should have chaired CCBs on the organization level;
- Shall be responsible for identifying and establishing milestones and timelines for the project, their approval and accomplishment;
- Shall be responsible for complete project documentation;
- Will be responsible for ensuring the quality of the deliverables as per the quality management plan;
- Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date;
- Work cross-functionally or across bureaucracies to resolve issues and implement changes;
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated with positive attitude and should be able to work across global time zones;
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills and strong leadership abilities.
- Should have a Bachelors / Master’s degree in IT domain. Nice to have Business Management degree;
- Should be a PMI certified PMP (version 5 and above). Nice to have CSM certification;
- Should be ITIL V3 and above certified;
- Minimum 10 years of end-to-end Global Project Management experience in delivering large and complex IT Infrastructure projects;
- Should have extensive hands on work experience in MS Project tool;
- Should be an advanced MS Excel user;
- Must be a go-getter, self-starter, self-motivated and result oriented person who has the ability to think critically, enjoy working with global teams;
- Should have an eagle’s eye to timelines, quality and details;
- Must have excellent English verbal & written communication skills and interpersonal skills to drive global project teams;
- Nice to have – French and/or German language skills