- Wugu District, New Taipei City, Taiwan 248
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
The LIMS Business Analyst is a critical role on the Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) project team. This position will work with lab and operation team members to understand end-to-end process workflows, the associated relevant software applications, drive and contribute to process reengineering initiatives, elicit and document requirements and specifications, and act as the facilitator between the Subject Matter Experts and the IT teams. This project will ensure the business processes and functionalities are developed accordingly, tested and implemented in the scope of the implementation of new and existing LIMS applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review, analyze and capture business systems and user needs. Document requirements, define objectives and formulate systems to harmonize business processes;
- Develops close working relationships with cross-disciplinary teams to understand and document end-to-end process workflows and the supporting software applications;
- Elicits requirements and act as the facilitator between Subject Matter Experts and IT teams translating complex functional requirements into functional/technical/non-functional specifications;
- Identifies opportunities for enhancements and contributes to process reengineering initiatives Performs gap analysis and recommends solutions for business users.
- Analyze and decompose complex requirements; identifies opportunities to harmonize and simplify processes, where required.
- Contribute to process mapping in a range of functional dependencies, including operations, purchasing, inventory, distribution, equipment, data management, quality systems and facilities
- Identify and articulate the impact of proposed modification changes with comparison of current and future state processes.
- Provides leadership to team as a change agent, with vision to support configuration management and adoption;
- Drives the requirement management lifecycle, including the creation, grooming, development, and testing activities, overseeing the delivery of the product as per the requirements;
- Conducts testing of IT solutions within project timelines to ensure quality, and reports testing failure to project team.
- Prepares process maps, user guides, standard operating procedures, user manuals and other functional documentation;
- Provides training to the users about processes and the systems involved in supporting such processes;
- As the process expert, provides support and critical insights to processes and functionality implemented in the systems used across the organization;
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision;
- Supports regular attendance and punctuality; and may require non-standard times for scheduling meetings to support global business accommodations of time zones.
- Applies GMP/GLP in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate and supports quality requirements in documentation;
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner;
- Performs other duties as assigned;
- Owns the accountability and responsibility of delivering to client needs and timeliness;
- Provides cross-functional support to other departments as required;
- Adjusts work hours as needed to meet client deadlines;
- Adheres to site environmental health and safety (EHS) requirements.
Basic Minimum Qualifications (BMQ):
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability required.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Computer Science or Management Information Systems, Life Sciences, or any other equivalent degree or experience;
- Minimum 5 years of experience with business process design and improvement, in the scope of large systems implementation, preferably in a laboratory / bioinformatics environment (LIMS/ Analytical Software);
- Familiarity with software development process, including requirement gathering, analysis/design, development tools/technologies, release/version control, contemporary testing methodologies and deployment management.
- IIBA Business Analyst certification or equivalent certification
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM environment
- Experience supporting IT solutions in a clinical, research or academic laboratory environment
- Experience supporting ERP applications, including Microsoft AX and/or commercial LIMS applications
Ability and/or Skills (BMQ):
- Above average oral and written communication skills. Ability to drive change through stakeholder management, without confrontation;
- Fluent in English, and ability to analyze and present material in English to global stakeholders.
- Capacity to conceptualize creative solutions, document and sell solutions to all levels of the organization, including senior management;
- ·Ability to solve practical problems, define cause and effect, map dependencies in process.
- Organized, detail oriented, analytical, curious, with demonstrated troubleshooting and investigation skills;
- Ability to prioritize tasks, multitask with organization and manage time effectively.
- Strong customer focus and ability to manage (internal or external) Client expectations;
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight, in a complex global environment;
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, capacity for team environment, and exhibits a genuine interest in drug discovery in support of advancing human health.
- Successful completion of the company’s safety program is required.
- Must be willing to travel internationally to support global Eurofins facilities, up to 25% of time.