Senior Technician Non Routine Testing
- Grimsby, UK
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
- Registration, preparation and analysis of samples as required.
- Reading plates, confirmation and validation of analytical results as required.
- Adhering to documented procedures for all aspects of laboratory work, ensuring that all relevant information concerning samples is recorded, that samples are handled correctly, and that all necessary records and quality data are maintained.
- Maintain turnaround time at >99%, ensuring that daily targets are achieved.
- Responsible for ensuring that UK health and safety legislation is maintained and helping to ensure that the working environment is kept in a clean and tidy manner with due attention to the careful maintenance of all laboratory fittings and equipment.
- Ensure personal protective clothing equipment is worn in accordance with the Health & Safety policy.
- Manage a small team of technicians to drive the laboratory forward through continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of Laboratory Quality Manual in order to ensure compliance at all times with the policies, procedures and associated documents which are referred to in the manual.
- To assist through operating best practice in order to meet the requirements of the UKAS accreditation standard.
- Manage technician holidays to ensure 7 day week a cover in the department
- To become fully trained in all tasks in your relevant area
- Maths, English, Chemistry or Biology at GCSE grade C or above or equivalent.
- At east one year’s laboratory and production experience is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Good laboratory skills and practices.
- Enthusiasm, energy and a driven outlook.
What Happens Next.
Our people are the backbone of what we do, so it's incredibly important we find the right individuals to join us. As a potential new recruit you'll be invited to meet the team in the form of an assessment centre or a staged interview process dependent on the role and it's requirements, this will give you the opportunity to see what working for Eurofins is really like and enable us to get you know your key skills and strengths.
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as early as possible.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.