Microbiology Laboratory Manager
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2018, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 laboratories across 47 countries, employing about 45.000 staff.
Roles & Responsibilities
1. To ensure that the Laboratory area operates efficiently and effectively through:
- Efficient organization of workflow
- Prioritization of urgent and regulatory related testing
- Ensuring suitably qualified staff are recruited
- Efficient utilization of available resources
2. To ensure that resource requirements are met for the Laboratory area through:
- Ensuring that rosters are prepared in advance and meet all Laboratory requirements including the rostering of supervisory and signatory staff.
- Co-ordinate staff so that the team’s KPIs are met in relation to TATs and specific customer requirements
- Ensuring that suitably qualified and/or trained staff are available to meet TAT requirements.
3. Ensure that the General Manager/ BUMA/s are fully aware of any operational or productivity issues as and when they arise.
4. To provide information to General Manager/ BUMA/s to support the completion of annual budgeting and monthly reporting including: resource usage, productivity reports, consumable usage, issues impacting on revenue and productivity.
5. Laboratory’s procedures are to be reviewed and updated as required.
6. Validates and releases test reports to customers.
7. To work as an effective and fully contributing team member, to assist other team members as time allows
8. To do training for test procedure, equipment operations and other laboratory operation procedures for technicians and other staff of the laboratory.
9. Technical trouble shooting related to test method or equipment problems.
10. To write method or equipment validation protocol and execute.
11. To initiate or revise procedures and forms.
12. Carry out method validations.
13. To attend all regular team meetings.
14. Consistently demonstrate the leadership values required to lead and motivate the business unit team.
15. Ensure clarity and alignment of roles and ensure the efficient deployment of staff resources and foster a culture of continuous quality improvement.
16. To actively promote, lead, coach and develop staff. Including monitoring performance and annual performance reviews.
17. Hold regular daily team/operational meetings to ensure that all issues are communicated and addressed.
18. To actively participate in new project work along with assisting in implementing business improvements as required.
19. To ensure that systems implemented are adhered to and monitored in conjunction with Quality & Compliance Department.
20. Work closely with Quality and Compliance Department on Quality issues and Quality improvements
21. To ensure that any customer / sales/ ASM enquiries and/or issues/complaints are responded to in a timely fashion and that customers / sales/ ASM are aware of any delays in testing.
22. To ensure that all internal and external audits are completed as required.
23. To ensure that all corrective actions assigned from internal and external audits are completed as required.
24. Participate in workplace safety management practices to improve safety and health in the workplace environment to keep yourself and others safe, and to achieve continuous improvement and recognition of best practice.
25. Comfortable to handle bio molecular branch with lower risk non-clinical wastewater samples with possible viral shredding contents & the main waste & drinking, swimming pool water matrixes for main lab.
26. Maintain equipment by performing assigned maintenance activities & troubleshoot unexpected problems.
27. Able to take minor shift work (8 30am to 6 pm/10 30am to 8pm) due to MOM COVID-19 Business Continuity Requirements.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Educational Background in Bio/Life Sciences & Microbiology, or Bio-Tech / Bio-Molecular Education.
(Masters & PhD preferred)
• Degree in Related Field/s can be substituted with at least 5 years of Supervisory Role/Work in related industries.
• Experience in both Micro-Biology as well as Bio-Molecular Work will be a huge advantage.
• Existing Technical Signatories for Microbiology &/or Bio-Molecular will be a plus.
Attitude and Aptitude Requirements
• A Passionate & Hardworking Individual willing to grab the opportunity to work with a Young & Energetic Team in one of the fastest growing lab & pharmaceutical company (Eurofins Scientific) that is expanding their reaches in the South-East-Asia (SEA) Region. Expect Fast Pace & Development.
• Foresight on future personal growth & tenancy to be committed for hard work and grind with the team.
• Passion in PCR Works & Microbiology, excited to be involved in & learning state of the art technology (e.g. ddPCR) and be ambitious enough to take on new PCR Projects/Tenders & other Method Development with existing knowledge. We empower young & energetic individuals to perform and be creative in their endeavors, coupled with their existing experience/s & good practices they can bring from their background.
What we offer: As an employer, we’re keen to look after our people with as much dedication as they look after our patients. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, excellent training and exceptional career prospects. We’re a growing and ambitious company, so there is huge potential here to develop with us and enjoy fantastic rewards in your career.
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
Eurofins Mechem is an Equal Opportunities Company.