Quality & Compliance Officer
- Birchwood, Warrington, UK
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
To provide audit and associated support on all Quality & Compliance matters and to provide support to Eurofins Forensic Services on all related matters at the direction of and reporting to the Quality and Compliance Manager.
This will include holding responsibility for key elements of the Quality and Compliance (Quality) Management Systems (QMS) and associated process ensuring proportionate yet robust maintenance of the management system to include relevant evaluation activities to maintain accreditation/certification to the identified and required standards.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To input, maintain and collate all relevant data to support Quality & Compliance functionality.
- To assess, review, plan and undertake in conjunction with the Quality & Compliance Manager implementation of new processes and standards.
- To actively progress and maintain the Annual audit schedule and associated 4 year plan.
- To undertake as required internal and second party audits to maintain and improve accreditation/certification to identified standards including but not exclusive to ISO14001, 27001, 17020, 17025 and Forensic Science Regulator’s Codes of Practice.
- To host, organise and support all external accreditation/certification body audits undertaking duties as required.
- To support the Science Leads on all aspects of Technical audits.
- To verify and report on actions identified as a result of all audits and investigations
- To actively manage as identified/required the Proficiency test (PT) process ensuring all opportunities are identified, evaluated and progressed as required.
- To develop Quality Assurance trials where identified as required.
- To advise, organise and support on validation activities.
- To assist in maintaining validation library to support Quality Standards and codes of practice.
- To co-ordinate as requested the EFS licence register ensuring compliance at all times.
- To undertake Quality & Compliance investigations as required (supporting the Quality & Compliance Investigation capability)
- To ensure all Quality & Compliance related activities owned and undertaken are co-ordinated, controlled, reported, scheduled, timetabled and assigned.
- To undertake all administrative duties and general functions of the Quality & Compliance team as required.
- To develop and deliver Quality & Compliance training and communication programmes as required.
- If requested assist in the administration and co-ordination of the Body Fluid donation process.
- To support Health and Safety activities as required.
- Provide Quality & Compliance support to the broader Eurofins organisation as required.
- To communicate, escalate and inform all relevant parties of improvement opportunities.
- Undertake any other identified duties as required.
- Previous experience of working in a regulated environment is essential
- It is essential the post holder demonstrates competence and aptitude in being able to handle complex and varied workloads including ability to prioritise.
- The post holder must be computer literate.
- The post holder must hold a valid UK driving licence.
- It is essential the post holder has experience of conducting audits ideally within a 17025 capacity.
- It is desirable the post holder is trained in root cause analysis e.g. 8D techniques or has demonstrable investigative experience.
- It is desirable for the post holder to be trained and competent in FMEA and Value Stream Mapping techniques.
The values on which Eurofins Forensic Services is founded are; Customer Focus, Quality, Competence & Team Spirit and Integrity. We require an individual with the following qualities.
- Can do attitude.
- Ability to work in a pressurised, changing environment and to manage multiple priorities and levels of complexity.
- Ability to negotiate and influence.
- High attention to detail.
- Personally credible, taking responsibility and ownership.
- Leads by example.
- Does not compromise standards; right first time approach.
- Excellent communicator who is able to engage effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Security clearance is required.
Salary: UP to £25,000 per annum dependent on experience, plus car allowance
Hours: 37.5 per week
Location: Position available at either Wakefield or Birchwood Park site
Due to the highly sensitive nature of the work, applicants should note that security clearance will be required for this role. To gain security clearance you must have at least three years’ continuous residency in the UK preceding an application. Criminal convictions may prevent you from gaining security clearance. In addition, successful applicants will be required to undertake drug and alcohol testing prior to commencing employment.