Software Test Engineer Media Consumer Devices in Munich DE (Junior / Medior)
- Hasselt, Belgium
Are you the adventurous type? Do you feel like going abroad for an assignment? Then this job might be the one for you!
You will embark on a one-year project in München, to work with one of the biggest Telecom operators in Germany. You will join a team of 6 fellow Eurofinians to be part of the Quality Assurance activities at the Operator’s premises. We have a long-running business relationship with the Operator, and have a yearly appointment for these projects, so we have quite some experience with this formula. So this is your chance to gain an extremely enriching experience in testing, teamwork and project lifecycle.
We provide all travel arrangements and lodging, as well as a bi-weekly travel back to Belgium for the weekend. We also provide coaching and regular follow-ups to stay in touch. Of course, you will be duly compensated as well for your efforts!
After this assignment, we will have other projects in Belgium to continue your career at Eurofins Digital Testing Belgium!
- Temporary assignment in München from mid November until end of 2022 with potential continuation on same project, or continue your career in Belgium.
- You perform manual software validation and integration tests in an agile European development process.
- You carry out functional device tests for a German broadcaster on different HW devices (set-top boxes, Mobile devices, SmartTV’s).
- Opportunities to design, develop and optimize test cases already during the concept phase, based on product specifications.
- Opportunities to create, develop test configurations and coordinate them across the different territories within the relevant teams.
- You are directly involved in the test coverage of the most diverse test areas such as: user acceptance test, end-to-end test, software download, interaction set-top box vs. mobile devices, interoperability set-top box vs. Wi-Fi router.
- You document your test results precisely and in a clear, comprehensible manner, and compare and discuss the results in direct communication with the software development teams, as well as other test teams.
- Opportunities to develop and operate necessary test tools as well as test infrastructure.
- You are motivated to work abroad for a period of one year.
- You successfully completed your studies in a technical area (Bachelor, Master), preferably in computer science, or do have a comparable relevant professional experience.
- As a Junior you are highly motivated to work in the IT domain, and are eager to learn about new technologies.
- As a Medior you have a proven 2-4 year professional record in the definition, development and implementation of test cases and suites, both in black box as well as white box scenarios.
- As a Medior you also have extensive knowledge of manual software tests, processes, test design and optimization.
- You have a good knowledge and understanding of programs being used in software test & development projects (e.g. HP ALM, Atlassian JIRA / Confluence, TestRail, Bugzilla).
- Good skills with SW tools such as PuTTY, Fiddler, Wireshark and Postman.
- Nice to have: good knowledge of HDMI standard and router setup AND/OR DVB-C, DVB-S, CI+ knowledge.
- Deeper knowledge of common methods and processes in test and quality assurance (e.g. ISTQB, SCRUM, continuous integration) is desirable.
- You have excellent innovative and analytical comprehension.
- Good spoken and written English skills are required, German skills is a plus.
- If relevant, a work permit for DE covering the duration of the assignment is a must. (not required for EU citizens).
What can you expect from us?
- Permanent contract with Eurofins Digital Testing Belgium (temporarily suspended for the duration of the assignment; during which you will enter a contract with our DE partner as per project requirement).
- Chance to work for a major German Operator.
- Very competitive salary, following German standard.
- Temporary assignment in Germany: from mid November until end of 2022.
- Potentially work on same projects after the assignment, or other projects in Belgium (your choice).
Eurofins Digital Testing, and its Eurofins Cyber Security division, is a world leader in independent Quality Assurance (QA), testing and cyber security for software systems and devices with operations in Belgium, Hong Kong, the Netherlands, Sweden, the UK, Germany and the US.
We help companies in mediatech, fintech, energy, the government and other industries to guarantee quality in their digital transformations to Industry 4.0.
We are a trusted provider in a broad spectrum of quality solutions that include:
- Managed test services & augmented test resources,
- Industry recognized advice and training, including Eurofins Academy
- Lab-based test services & infrastructure
- Test automation & Conformity test services & tools
- Extensive cyber security services & tools
Eurofins Digital Testing is part of Eurofins Scientific, which has more than 800 laboratories in 50 countries and around 50,000 employees worldwide. Eurofins was founded in 1987 and is highly regarded in testing, with a level of expertise that makes us the first to be contacted for assignments globally.
Think. Test. Release. Exceed