AIR Group Officer, Victoria
- Dandenong South VIC 3175, Australia
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Eurofins Environment Testing Australia New Zealand is an Environmental testing network of fully accredited laboratories. With a staff of over 200 our laboratories are located in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane, Auckland and Christchurch, with Client Service Offices located in Adelaide, Darwin, Newcastle and Wollongong. We also operate field sampling services out of Melbourne and Sydney. We specialise in all areas of Environmental analysis, including Contaminated Soil, Sludge, Sediments, Leachate, Soil Vapour, Trade Waste Effluents, Sewage Effluents, Stack Emissions, Work Place Air, Ambient Air, Dust, Drinking Water, Surface Water run off, River & Stream Monitoring, Seawater, and Groundwater.
Due to strong internal growth, the position of AIR Group Officer, Victoria within our Dandenong South site is expanding, and we are seeking candidates for this exciting opportunity.
The ‘AIR Group Officer’ is responsible for the day to day sampling and field monitoring of stack emissions, dust deposition monitoring, soil vapour and landfill gas emissions and other field duties as directed. The position comes with a mobile phone.
Key Position Objectives:
- Attending client sites and collecting AIR samples - some of our clients are located in regional Vic/NSW, therefore some regional travel will be required.
- Liaising with clients and informing AIR Group Team Leader of any changes/updates to continually service our clients. i.e. change of contact details, change of testing requirements, OH&S documentation, providing certificate of insurances etc.
Due to the nature of our work, we require a candidate who is flexible with working hours as this position may require some weekend work from to time.
To be successful for the position, you will ideally possess the following:
- Previous experience and/or knowledge of AIR sampling - advantageous
- Good communication skills
- An understanding and appreciation for Health & Safety protocols.
- Confident and comfortable in the outdoors.
- Good data entry skills
- Basic understanding of Chain of Custody routine.
- A can-do attitude and no task seems too big or small.
- Flexibility with working hours is a must.
- Current Drivers Licence is a must.
Bachelor of Science or related field - advantageous (but not a necessity)
- This position is a full time position.
- This position is only open to candidates that currently have working rights in Australia.
- Please note: As part of the recruitment process, shortlisted candidates may be required to asked to undertake a medical check and police check.
We will be reviewing applications as they are received, so if you believe you are ready for this exciting, challenging and rewarding position please apply as soon as possible by submitting your resume that outlines your interest and suitability for the position.
Please note: Due to the volume of expected applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.