- Santa Clara, CA, USA
EAG Laboratories, part of the Eurofins group, is a leader in advanced microscopy, surface analysis and semiconductor testing services of various types of materials from synthetic biomaterials to nanotechnology, deliver new “super materials” with the potential to transform our world. Our laboratories are at the forefront of this revolution, providing the scientific expertise and analytical techniques to support companies at every phase of the product lifecycle, from R&D to manufacturing.
Our clients include leading edge tech companies in a diverse range of industries and business sectors who design, manufacture or incorporate products for tomorrow’s technology driven world. Our scientists and engineers engage in peer-to-peer interaction to discuss and comprehensively understand client issues, challenges, goals and urgency, to define the technical problems, develop and execute analyses, and report back results. We have a growth mindset culture where individuals are encouraged to drive their own success and make their own decisions while fulfilling client needs.
The Quality Manager is responsible for the effective development and implementation of programs and practices to ensure test practices meet internal controls, quality, and business requirements. The Quality Manager works closely with various operational managers to develop and maintain a database of comprehensive, operational policies and procedures. This position requires a highly technical specialist who is detail oriented.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leadership and management of quality for Engineering Sciences Locations, in accordance with all QMS Requirements (ISO 9001, ISO 17025, and DLA Suitability), Government regulations, and applicable company policies, and procedures.
- Ensures organizational compliance with quality system documents and processes
- Maintains specified records of the QMS, test data, and ensures good documentation practices
- Define, implement, and enforce quality practices throughout the organization to ensure internal controls, quality and compliance policies and standards
- Maintain Internal Audits to schedule. Conducts and participates in internal audits/inspections, documents issues, and supports resolution of those issues. Performs auditor training
- Internal and external CAR management. Works with cross functional teams to determine Root Cause Analysis
- Responsible for defect identification, documentation, communication, and resolution
- Performs workflow analysis, identifies, recommends, and leads potential process improvements
- Review internal documentation for compliance and quality
- Works with department leaders to establish and maintain KPI's and departmental metrics.
- Maintains Quality metrics, and a management dashboard of those metrics, and assesses performance against project and enterprise goals
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the company’s quality/change control functions
- ESD Compliance and auditing to schedule
- Document Control Management
- Management of Incoming and Outgoing Quality Inspection process and staff, trending and reporting results. Creates quality inspection sampling plans to ANSI/ASQ Z1.4-2003
- Protects confidential information and proprietary processes
- Requirements of the Technology Control Plan are followed at all times to ensure export control compliance
- Follows established safety protocols and procedures at all times
- Other duties as may be assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree in related field or 5+ years in equivalent work experience.
- Preferred ASQ Certification such as Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) or Certified Quality Manager (CQM)
- Preferred ASQ Certification Quality Audits (CQA)
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Previous experience in quality assurance/control required.
- Previous experience in semi-conductor industry.
- Knowledge of ISO9001, ISO 17025, ITAR, DSCC/ Defense Logistics Agency and TS16949 standards
- Very strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while performing multiple detail-oriented tasks
- High attention to detail and the pursuit to constantly improve current processes and procedures
- Team player, fast learner and assertive
- Ability to handle a wide variety of tasks and modify plans as requirements dictate
- Consistent ability to set and deliver a work plan in a fast-paced environment, giving attention to detail even under high pressure situations
- Excellent organizational and computer skills, strong word processing, database management and spreadsheet skills
- Standard office environment.
- Ability to visually identify and discern various defects under magnification
- Ability to lift and hold various objects from Integrated Circuits to large Printed Circuit Board Assemblies
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time. Most commonly during internal or external audits
- Must be able to communicate effectively with people that have various degrees of technical understanding as well as limited ability to speak fluent English.
- Must be able to write effectively using proper English grammar and spelling.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities of Non-Exempt QC Inspectors in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; motivating, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.