- Mounds View, MN 55112, USA
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
OVERALL OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Providing technical knowledge and support in the areas of Eurofins DQCI expertise for both external customers and internal clients related to all Chemistry tests, Dairy IR Calibration Standards and Producer Testing offered by Eurofins DQCI.
2. Interface with department heads; provide guidance on procedures and/or problems, analysis methods, techniques, equipment, and schedules. Act as an internal auditor for all laboratory practices within Eurofins DQCI, ensuring appropriate SOP’s and regulatory standards are followed at all times.
3. Make recommendations for improvement in SOP’s and operating procedures to the Business Unit Manager.
4. Recommend and assist in implementation of any and all corrective actions that become necessary through the development, review and maintenance of Eurofins DQCI procedures.
5. Ensure that the technical content of laboratory training programs are in depth and cover all necessary information required for performing each test properly.
6. Manage operation of instrumentation and equipment installations and their associated Installation Qualifications and Operational Qualifications.
7. Responsible for instrument troubleshooting/diagnosis and management of internal repairs, 3rd party repairs, and preventative maintenance programs.
8. Assist with selection process of analytical instrumentation and equipment.
9. Participates in project-related work, under the direction of the Business Unit Manager, providing both leadership and technical expertise to facilitate the accurate, efficient completion of all project work.
10. Serve as a technical contact for all Eurofins DQCI customers in the resolution of quality related technical issues.
11. Provide, review and interpret statistical reports on the quality status of testing/operations, providing recommendations for solutions to problems, and alerting the Management team to significant trends as they become apparent.
12. Provides technical expertise to the Customer Service group in addressing all customer complaints and non-conformities that are logged into the JIRA system, related to Chemistry testing and Calibration Standards.
13. Remains alert to industry trends that impact the Eurofins DQCI business and their customers, using this awareness to recommend new opportunities within the industry as they arise.
14. Review and approve test data and reports. Generate and send reports to clients.
15. Serve as a technical representative from Eurofins DQCI in communications and interactions with outside regulatory agencies (including, but not limited to Federal agencies, State agencies, ISO representatives and Academic organizations).
16. Serve, as needed, on internal and external committees related to Chemistry and Calibration Standards.
17. Ensure that the clients receive clear communication, good service, and fast turn-around-times, consistent with superior analytical testing.
18. Manage time in a manner that ensures a high degree of productivity.
19. Ensure that proprietary methodologies are not disclosed to non-employees except as approved by Management.
20. Maintain a perpetual state of readiness and willingness to respond to the queries and needs of clients, staff, and coworkers.
21. Promote the company image through the exercising of sound and ethical business practices as related to the public and our customers.
22. Other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA degree in Science, or equivalent degree plus 5-6 years related experience and 1-2 years management experience. Experience may be substituted for education.
- Knowledge of the Dairy Industry, data review, Fatty Acid, continuous and process improvement
- Knowledge of appropriate regulatory agency guidelines.
- Working knowledge of laboratory operations and an understanding of the technical aspects of the laboratory and/or computers and computer software systems.
- Demonstrates strong organizational and communication skills.
- Authorization to work in the Unites States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work!
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.