Technical Leader I
- Brea, CA, USA
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Serves as an Associate Technical Leader for routine analyses under the direction of Eurofins Food Chemistry management. Learning to take on overall responsibility for the technical conduct of routine assays, study work, and validation procedures, as well as the analytical direction, review, documentation and reporting of results. This position is intended to develop a more broad range of understanding across Eurofins Chemistry.
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Applies GMP/GLP in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate
- Acts as data approver for data generated by applicable functional group
- Consults with staff to determine project requirements and to suggest/guide plans to accomplish these needs.
- Communicates pertinent questions or information to client service staff, sample management or study directors.
- Monitors/evaluates/reviews the scientific performance of routine assays. Provides client services or study directors with progress reports as needed.
- Responsible for completing Out of Specification (OOS) reports.
- Discusses project or method issues with the area supervisor, and suggests solutions and actions.
- Initiates eNotes and responds to eQA audits as needed.
- Works with lab staff to implement client specific procedures, investigations, or validations.
- Keeps methods, method summaries, and method references current and accurate
- Assure on-time delivery of high quality data.
- Assure that final results reported are approved and in compliance with appropriate SOPs.
- Participates in client visits, as needed.
- Provides input on team performance to area supervisor.
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in a scientific field
- Relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Skilled in the appropriate scientific field.
- Knowledge of department SOP’s and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to conduct limited review of related literature and references to obtain the require information and subsequently apply it.
- Skilled in data interpretation and report writing.
- Exhibits interpersonal skills, and is a team player
- 1-2 years of Lab experience
- Previous experience with LIMS system
- Previous experience with a data Calculation/management system such as Chromeleon or Empower for example
- Previous experience with OOS, CAPA and Audit reports
- Experience with report writing
Position is 12:00pm to 8pm or 10am to 6pm
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work! We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays, vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.