PCR Laboratory Analyst
- West Sacramento, CA, USA
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
- Help to plan and execute molecular biology assay development, validation, and sample testing activities
- Perform laboratory tests according to study protocols including the ability to perform molecular techniques such as RNA isolations, RT-PCR, and ddPCR assays in wastewater samples
- Report all equipment, technical, or workload problems immediately to management.
- Works during assigned hours and overtime or weekends when requested.
- Maintain laboratory environment (cleaning and sanitizing workspaces, consumables inventory, media inventory, etc.)
- Demonstrate good laboratory practices (GLP)
- Follow all company analytical and administrative Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Obtain a thorough knowledge and complete training records for assigned microbiological test procedures. Test procedures include instrumentation and software required to acquire data and produce results
- Able to observe and make real-time changes to maximize productivity at the bench while maintaining the highest data quality
- Perform and document all required QA/QC procedures in accordance with official methodologies and/or company SOPs
- Become aware of supplies usage and notify supervisor when adequate supplies are not available
- Perform minor repairs and preventive maintenance (routine and non-routine) on laboratory equipment
- Make suggestions regarding documentation of data, increased productivity and safety, following through on ideas at manager’s request
- Maintain proper housekeeping in the laboratory
- Adhere to company health and safety policies including wearing eye protection, lab coats and hand protection or the use of chemical fume and Biological Safety hoods
- Read and understand Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Work during the hours assigned and work overtime or weekends and/or holidays when required
- Process oversight while ensuring PCR samples are analyzed according to the published SOPs and protocols
- Ensure that client results are analyzed and approved by qualified individuals within turnaround times and review test results
- Perform other duties as assigned by the laboratory director
The ideal Qualifications:
- Familiarity with analytical techniques such as qPCR and ddPCR
- Prior experience working in a BSL-2 environment
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor of science in Microbiology, Molecular Biology or related Biological Sciences with 1-3 years of industry experience
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time, able to lift a 25 pound object from the floor to a shelf five feet high
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Work schedule will include weekends and special projects may require off-hours work
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 9:00 am - 5:30 pm., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of West Sacramento CA are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.