Laboratory Director - Eurofins Environmental - Multiple Locations in USA
- Lancaster, PA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 laboratories across 50 countries, employing about 50.000 staff.
Laboratory Director responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
· Prioritize daily operational activities
· Maintain staffing to meet workload goals by adjusting personnel to meet peak load demands
· Turn-around-time (TAT) Management
· Ensure Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) are met
· Annual Reviews and Job Plan Creation
· Monitor Health and Safety program to ensure laboratory operations are compliant
· Quality Control Management to continually improve the quality of work
· Review and approve SOPs
· Active Participation in Strategic Planning
· Certification Maintenance and Method Development Management
· Logistics Management
· Build and maintain positive customer relationships
· Ensure Client Satisfaction
· Represent the laboratory and make presentations as required
· Special Project Leadership (LIMS improvements, Lean, Other)
· Laboratory Operations Leadership
· Assists in capital budgeting and execution
· Assists in operational budgeting
· Cost management
· Promote the Company Vision
The ideal candidate would possess :
· Master of Business Administration a plus
· Expertise in field and leadership skills
· Excellent communication skills – written & oral
· Excellent computer skills
· Analytic capabilities
· Operations Planning
· Business acumen
· Strong Problem solving skills
· Personnel Management
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
· Bachelors of Science in Chemistry, Biology, Engineering
· At least 10 years professional experience in laboratory operations with a minimum of 5 years of laboratory operations or large/multi-department/team leadership with profit/loss accountability - $5M+ Net Sales or equivalent size operation. Demonstrated success in improving operational, profit, quality and safety performance.
· Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Eurofins Environment Testing Businesses in US are routinely engaged in Federal Contracts. Federal Government vaccination mandates apply to staff working in these businesses. Successful applicants will be required to confirm vaccination status or demonstrate eligibility for medical or religious exemptions prior to commencing employment.
In a fast growing group, successful leaders are frequently being offered increased areas of responsibility (subject to geographic mobility).
Eurofins offers international opportunities to strong performers.