- Grimsby, UK
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 5.4 billion Euros turnover, over 900 laboratories across 50 countries and about 55,000 staff.
Please note this is a full time position working 37.5 hours per week - Wednesday to Sunday 09:00 till 17:00
- Assist the Senior microbiologist in the day to day quality functions of the food microbiology laboratory
- Carry out timely investigations into non-conformances.
- Ensure the set-up of the laboratory and daily calibrations are carried out.
- Ensure all media checks are carried out in a timely manner ensuring effective supply of culture media to internal and external labs.
- To ensure that weekly environmental checks are carried out.
- Maintenance and control of the reference organisms.
- To perform Novartis fertility/sterility testing and organise relevant cultures required.
- To ensure that all appropriate Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) policies and procedures are adhered to within the food Microbiology department. The role holder must promote a culture of HSE in the workplace.
- To work in a safe manner with due regard for both personal safety and the safety of others and maintain own work area to a good housekeeping standard; and ensure that staff work in a safe manner and are trained in appropriate disciplines; and to investigate (and report) any near misses, incidents or accidents to the first aid coordinator (accidents) or facilities manager (incidents, near misses).
- To organise and perform non-routine analytical work and solve technical problems if requested.
- To role model the behaviours in support of the Company values and to take action to assure that these are supported by the area for which they are responsible.
- The jobholder must have appropriate people management, client contact and technical knowledge ideally gained within the Food industry.
- A degree in Microbiology (or other relevant science) is preferred and/or 3+ years of practical laboratory experience.
- The jobholder must be computer literate with experience of the windows office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ideally be familiar with laboratory information management systems (LIMS).
- Must be able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
What Happens Next
Our people are the backbone of what we do, so it's incredibly important we find the right individuals to join us. As a potential new recruit you'll be invited to meet the team in the form of an assessment centre or a staged interview process dependent on the role and it's requirements, this will give you the opportunity to see what working for Eurofins is really like and enable us to get you know your key skills and strengths.
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as early as possible.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.