Laboratory Analyst - Metals
- Wolverhampton, UK
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Please note this role is full time working 37.5 hours per week. The working hours are Monday to Friday 08.00 - 16.00
- To complete to the required quality standards, the extraction and analysis of samples for all food chemistry, contaminants and environmental methods using appropriate techniques.
- To perform, as and when needed, registration and preparation duties assist in the efficient day-to-day operation of the laboratory.
- Prepare, extract and analyse samples in accordance with standards of quality and the requirements of ISO17025.
- Preparation of calibration and quality standards to check method and instrument performance.
- Reporting and / or calculation of results in accordance with methods of analysis.
- Plotting and acting upon quality control data produced per batch.
- Maintain turnaround time at >99%, ensuring that daily targets are achieved.
- Maintain stock levels of consumable items for methods being undertaken.
- Responsible for ensuring that UK health and safety legislation is maintained and helping to ensure that the working environment is kept in a clean and tidy manner with due attention to the careful maintenance of all laboratory fittings and equipment.
- Comply with all relevant Health, Safety and Security Regulations.
- Ensure personal protective clothing equipment is worn in accordance with the Health & Safety policy.
- Work with the team to drive the laboratory forward through continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of Laboratory Quality Manual in order to ensure compliance at all times with the policies, procedures and associated documents which are referred to in the manual.
- To assist through operating best practice in order to meet the requirements of the UKAS 17025 accreditation standard.
- To partake in any developmental training as required in compliance with the Company Standard.
- Maths and English at GCSE C-level or above or equivalent
- Science degree would be desirable
- Laboratory experience is welcomed but is not essential
- Production experience would be beneficial