- Galashiels TD1, UK
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR €5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Full time role, working 37.5 hours per week: Two weekly rotating shifts: Tuesday to Friday rotating 10:00 - 18:00 and 11:00 - 19:00 and Saturday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Processing of Food Samples
- Processing of Swabs both neutralising and sponge swabs.
- Processing of Water samples.
- Completion of relevant checks in accordance with daily duties e.g pipettor weight checks, recording of cleaning activities in the required cleaning worksheets.
- Cleaning of trays and washing up of bottles or other glassware, as required.
- Assisting sample reception with labelling of samples ready for analysis.
- Ensure adequate supply of soap, paper towels etc at each hand washing facility.
- Ensure adequate supply of laboratory consumables at appropriate work stations.
- Unpacking of deliveries and ensuring prompt storage of perishable items in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- Ensuring laboratory waste is disposed of promptly, recycling as appropriate.
- Assisting with the melting and tempering of media required for analysis.
- Assisting analysts with pouring of agar.
- Placing of enrichment bags and agar plates into appropriate incubators.
- Ensure clean as you go policy is adopted.
- Any other duties as required for the role.
We look for people who believe in what we believe in. People who enjoy coming to work each day and being part of a team who provide "results that matter" in establishing the safety, composition, authenticity and origin of our food and water.
- Previous experience within a facilities or laboratory type business.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as early as possible.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.