Technician, Mechanical Test
- Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
EAG Laboratories, a Eurofins company, is a global leader in advanced microscopy, surface analysis and semiconductor testing services of various types of materials from synthetic biomaterials to nanotechnology, deliver new “super materials” with the potential to transform our world. Our laboratories are at the forefront of this revolution, providing the scientific expertise and analytical techniques to support companies at every phase of the product lifecycle, from R&D to manufacturing.
Our clients include leading edge tech companies in a diverse range of industries and business sectors who design, manufacture or incorporate products for tomorrow’s technology driven world. Our scientists and engineers collaborate across technical disciplines to discuss and comprehensively understand client issues, challenges, goals and urgency, to define the technical problems, develop and execute analyses, and report back results. We have a growth mindset culture where individuals are encouraged to drive their own success and make their own decisions while fulfilling client needs.
The Technician will be responsible for sample handling, sample preparation, performing analyses, and customer service. The work will consist of physical and mechanical testing of materials using techniques such as viscometry, tensiometry, scratch, durability and drop testing of physical parts, followed by documentation of test results using various optical techniques and photography. There may also be lab work involving chemical testing. The job will involve working in a team and collaborating with other EAG teams in Sunnyvale, Santa Clara and St Louis. It will involve close cooperation with customers and excellent attention to detail is required. Good record keeping and the ability to follow work instructions will be essential.
Use of information in this role is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR: a U.S. Person is a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., "Green Card Holder"), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Responsible for sample handling, preparation and mounting samples for analysis.
- Carries out a range of physical, mechanical and chemical testing.
- Documents results and prepares reports on analytical results for customers.
- Become familiar with relevant quality system documents and complies with all system requirements.
- Protects confidential information and proprietary processes.
- Handles customer materials and company equipment in a responsible, confidential and efficient manner.
- Performing analytical work to determine the identity, composition, physical properties, and/or structure of materials may also be required.
- Follows established safety protocols and procedures at all times.
- Other duties as may be assigned based on circumstances and performance.
- AS or BS degree in Chemistry, Physics, Engineering or Materials Science.
- Experience in some of the following techniques – hardness testing, drop testing, mechanical testing, colorimetry, viscometry, tensiometry, photography
- Experience in handling samples and materials in a controlled lab environment
- Fluent in English both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to communicate with other team members to discuss analytical goals clarify analytical goals and resolve potential issues.
- Visual acuity and manual dexterity required.
- Standing, lifting, carrying and bending while working in the lab.
- Ability to work in a chemical and analytical laboratory environment is required.
- Comfort around analytical instrumentation and large mechanical tools.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.