Sample Prep Technician/Engineer
- Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Eurofins EAG Laboratories group is a leader in advanced microscopy, surface analysis and semiconductor testing services of various types of materials from synthetic biomaterials to nanotechnology, deliver new “super materials” with the potential to transform our world. Our laboratories are at the forefront of this revolution, providing the scientific expertise and analytical techniques to support companies at every phase of the product lifecycle, from R&D to manufacturing.
We have a growth mindset culture where individuals are encouraged to drive their own success and make their own decisions while fulfilling client needs.
Eurofins EAG is looking for a Technician or Analyst for our Dual Beam group. Primary function would be preparation of cross-sections and imaging of client samples using FEI Helios Dual Beam FIB tools. The successful candidate will work as a part of a team and be expected to rapidly gain a working knowledge of many analytical techniques.
General Job Responsibilities:
- Work closely with experienced team members to gain an understanding of a variety of samples and job types
- Create summary reports to capture the project objectives, analysis data, and interpretation of the results
- Work closely with tool vendors to understand tool performance and develop new techniques to improve throughput, perform basic tool maintenance and calibration
- Ensure tools are in proper working order and contacting service
Education and Experience:
- A.A. degree
- 2 Years working experience in Microscopy or Physical Failure Analysis Laboratory
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Must be capable of making sound technical decisions about approaches to FIB cross sectioning and imaging.
- Computer literate, high level of accuracy and detail oriented.
- Must be able to handle multiple functions at the same time and maintain good organizational skills.
- Must be a proficient communicator and listener.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to work individually and as part of a team.
- Good written communication skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.