IT Infrastructure Engineer
- Katowice, Poland
- Employees can work remotely
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 3 billion Euros turnover, more than 900 laboratories across 50 countries and over than 50.000 staff.
For the right candidate this job can be located in either:
Barcelona, Spain or Katowice, Poland
We also offer relocation if needed for candidates that are not located in these location.
Do you have a practical experience of designing and building medium-sized IT Infrastructure environments?
Are you able to discuss with the Business to understand their requirements and select/build solutions that will deliver according to their requirements?
Are you able to MOVE FAST and adjust your solution on the fly as needed?
We are looking for Senior and mid-level Engineers, who feel comfortable with the concept of Zero Trust Networks, Cloud (Azure, AWS), and are specialized in Compute/Storage/Backup Technologies.
You’ll be responsible to define, design and implement a Application/Compute/Storage/Backup Component of virtual Security Zones, or actual Eurofins Locations.
So your hands-on experience in both BUILD and RUN of networks is what we’re after.
You’ll be working with other, highly qualified Network/Cloud Engineers, in a small, cross-functional, specific deliverables oriented Team.
A big advantage of the role is that you’ll use your expertise, but working in such setup you’ll have an End to End understanding and influence of what’s being built.
The GSC – NSC IT Infrastructure team supports the Group Service Centers and National Service Centers within Eurofins. This covers approx. 4,000 end users and more than 60 sites across the world.
As part of the GSC – NSC IT Infrastructure team you will support and execute strategic and transformational initiatives, such as:
- The segregation execution program
- The implementation and designing of the different segregated zones (IT User Zones)
- Supporting and designing the segregation of the different in scope solutions (IT Application Availability Groups)
Main activities, but not limited to, are:
- Implement and manage state of the art infrastructure building blocks for high available applications using all the latest innovation (private, public and hybrid cloud)
- Manage and perform daily operations on the defined building blocks: IAAS, PAAS, SAAS
- Maintain provided (Cloud) IT services (e.g.: servers, storage, monitoring, backup, physical hardware, cloud services, etc.) in collaboration with other IT teams and according to defined processes (e.g. Incident Management and Change Management)
- Deliver quality documentation: Procedures and Workinstructions
- Improve existing processes through sustainable solutions to recurring problems and enhancements to existing solutions by automation
- Ensure that the services comply with the set policies and standards and meet the agreed SLA’s
- Design and create newly defined segregated Infra zones within Eurofins
- Work together with the solutions teams on the solutions designs for the diiferent Application Availability Groups (AAGs)
- Support the application migration activities into the new zones
You have 5+ years experience in:
- Experience in server (virtual & physical) infrastructure design and implementation
- Migrations from On Premise to Public Cloud
- Expertise or specialization in one of these areas:
- Azure/AWS IAAS (Servers, Networking, Data Center)
- Azure/AWS PAAS
- Automation with Powershell, Ansible etc.
An ideal candidate has also one or two of the following skills:
- On Premise Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 deployment & support, File servers, Active Directory
- SCCM experience (administration, configuration and packaging)
- VMware: Support, HA/DRS, Standard/Distributed switch, Resource Pools, ESXi server hardware sizing
- Different monitoring tools
- Maintain and configuration of backup and storage solutions, incl. archiving and retention (eg VEEAM, CommVault)
- VMware: Design/Implementation on large enterprise level projects
- VDI or Citrix experience
- A permanent position
- The opportunity to gain increased areas of responsibility and personal (career) development
- Challenges within a multi-cultural and cross-regional team as part of the international and fast-growing Eurofins organisation
- A dynamic working environment with a good team spirit where personal development and growth are encouraged