- Sunnyvale, CA, USA
EAG Laboratories, part of the Eurofins group, is a leader in analytical chemistry, advanced microscopy, surface analysis and semiconductor testing services of various types of materials from synthetic biomaterials to nanotechnology, deliver new “super materials” with the potential to transform our world. Our laboratories are at the forefront of this revolution, providing the scientific expertise and analytical techniques to support companies at every phase of the product lifecycle, from R&D to manufacturing.
Our clients include leading edge tech companies in a diverse range of industries and business sectors who design, manufacture or incorporate products for tomorrow’s technology driven world. Our scientists and engineers engage in peer-to-peer interaction to discuss and comprehensively understand client issues, challenges, goals and urgency, to define the technical problems, develop and execute analyses, and report back results. We have a growth mindset culture where individuals are encouraged to drive their own success and make their own decisions while fulfilling client needs.
EAG Laboratories is looking for a Scientist who will be responsible for developing analytical approaches, operating analytical instrumentation, interpreting data, writing reports and communicating with clients. The ideal candidate will be energetic and enthusiastic with demonstrated skills in using FTIR instrumentation to acquire high quality data for the purpose of solving materials problems. Prior experience in FTIR is essential, along with practical hands-on experience in sample preparation and common analysis modes. The ideal candidate will be able to discuss FTIR data and experimental design with a client and to relate the experimental procedure and results to a client’s broader investigation. The ideal candidate will also have a strong foundation in organic chemistry and materials.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., "Green Card Holder"), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Chemistry, Polymer Science, or Materials Science/Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years industrial experience with 2 years of experience in operating FTIR instruments and utilizing the data to identify unknown materials and mixtures.
- Organic chemistry knowledge and practical laboratory experience working with organic materials and polymers.
- Extensive experience with solving problems involving organic or polymer materials.
- Prior Raman spectroscopy experience preferred.
- Experience in instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Additional experience with other relevant analytical techniques such as AFM and GCMS is desirable.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.