- Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Eurofins EAG Laboratories is a leader in advanced microscopy, surface analysis and materials characterization testing services for various types of materials from synthetic biomaterials to nanotechnology. We enable our clients to develop new materials with the potential to transform our world. Our laboratories are at the forefront of this revolution, providing the scientific expertise and analytical techniques to support companies at every phase of the product lifecycle, from R&D to manufacturing.
Our clients include leading edge tech companies in a diverse range of industries and business sectors who design, manufacture or incorporate novel materials for tomorrow’s technology driven world. Our scientists and engineers engage in peer-to-peer interaction to discuss and comprehensively understand client issues, challenges, goals and urgency; to define the technical problems; develop and execute analyses; and report back results. We have a growth mindset culture where individuals are encouraged to drive their own success and make their own decisions while fulfilling client needs.
EAG Laboratories is looking for a Scientist who will be responsible for operating analytical instrumentation, developing analysis protocols, interpreting data, writing reports and communicating with clients. The ideal candidate will be energetic and enthusiastic with demonstrated skills in running AFM instrument and acquiring high quality data. The ideal candidate will also be able to interpret AFM data and communicate this information to clients.
Use of information in this role is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR: U.S. Person is a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., "Green Card Holder"), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Demonstrate competency with laboratory work and use of analytical instrumentation
- Design experiments with minimal assistance from management and/or experienced scientists
- Acquire and interpret AFM analytical data using various different modes such as Kelvin Probe Microscopy, Scanning Capacitance Microscopy, Scanning Spreading Resistance Microscopy, TUNA, SMIM etc., and apply understanding to solving specific problems for clients
- Write scientific reports that includes conclusions, methodology, and supporting analytical data
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
- M.S or Ph.D. in chemistry, physics, materials science or electrical engineering with a minimum of 2yrs. experience.
- Experience in measurements such as scanning capacitance microscopy (SCM), scanning spreading resistance microscopy (SSRM), conductive AFM and other electrical AFM measurements
- A thorough understanding of semiconductor device operation and electrical characterization is highly desirable
- Excellent English communications skills, both written and spoken, are essential.
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong work ethic with a commitment to accuracy.
- The ability to work to deadlines in a team-oriented environment.
- Have impeccable customer service skills.
- Working effectively in a team environment.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with firm deadlines
- Able to communicate constructively with other scientists, team members and clients.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Including Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.