Lead, Customer Service Representative
- Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Eurofins EAG Laboratories, a leader in analytical chemistry, advanced microscopy, surface analysis and semiconductor testing services of various types of materials from synthetic biomaterials to nanotechnology, deliver new “super materials” with the potential to transform our world. Our laboratories are at the forefront of this revolution, providing the scientific expertise and analytical techniques to support companies at every phase of the product lifecycle, from R&D to manufacturing.
Our clients include leading edge tech companies in a diverse range of industries and business sectors who design, manufacture or incorporate products for tomorrow’s technology driven world. Our scientists and engineers engage in peer-to-peer interaction to discuss and comprehensively understand client issues, challenges, goals and urgency, to define the technical problems, develop and execute analyses, and report back results. We have a growth mindset culture where individuals are encouraged to drive their own success and make their own decisions while fulfilling client needs.
In this role, the individual will be responsible for supervising the flow of work and handling of samples between customers, CSR department and lab operations to deliver client data in a timely and reliable manner using overall knowledge of EAG's services and staff by communicating effectively with internal and external clients.
- Performs a dual role by working “hands-on” customer service tasks and responsible for more complex client services and training, while functioning as a team leader in the customer service group.
- Responsible for receiving incoming samples, entering information into our database, & distributing client Purchase Orders.
- Responsible for initiating customer contact as assigned or requested, for order acquisition, invoicing, customer reporting, and follow-up for information/schedule completion of open items.
- Responsible for shipping using UPS/FED EX, picking up, dropping off, receiving samples from all client locations and disposing of samples as needed per work instructions.
- Represents the company while developing customer relationships and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
- May be required to support as short-term, temporary backup to the organization, in covering the front office/reception duties on multi-line phone system, metering and distribution of mail, and operation of general office equipment.
- Provides cross training to for CSR department to learn all tasks related to customer services including shipping using UPS/FED EX, picking up, dropping off, receiving samples from all client locations.
- Coordinates with CSR Manager to provide clerical and administrative support as needed to various functional areas of the company; performs related clerical work such as data entry, typing, filing, sorting, faxing, mailing, or shipping, as required.
- Ensures protection of Company Confidential and Proprietary information at all times.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Previous senior level experience in customer service.
- Demonstrative experience in a position that involved delegating tasks to others.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks while meeting strict deadlines in a fast-paces environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and detailed oriented individual.
- Demonstrates excellent time management skills and able to meet set deadlines.
- Strong knowledge Microsoft office programs and comfortable with a variety of office machines required.
- Able to train others on the use of these systems/programs.
- Strong numerical, oral, written language skills and the ability to type.
- Comfortable using and training others on the use of smart phones, GPS systems and multifunction copiers/scanners.
- Must have a valid DL and Good driving record.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.