- Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
EAG Laboratories, a Eurofins company, provides analytical chemistry, advanced microscopy, surface analysis and testing services of various types of materials from synthetic biomaterials to nanotechnology. Our laboratories are at the forefront of this revolution, providing the scientific expertise to support companies in a diverse range of industries and business sectors who design, manufacture or incorporate products for tomorrow.
Our engineers, chemists and scientists engage in peer-to-peer interaction to discuss and comprehensively understand client issues, identify technical problems, develop and perform testing methods, and provide results to our clients. We have a growth mindset culture where each person is encouraged to drive their own success and career.
EAG Laboratories is seeking a Scientist to join our SIMS group located in Sunnyvale, CA. Responsibilities for this role include conducting analytical test of organic or inorganic substances. Analyzes and tests new or existing materials to identify their properties and characteristics for the development or improvement of new or existing products. Studies the relationship between chemical and physical properties. Works independently to perform the full range of analytical work, including complex tasks. Solves complex and difficulties problems. Ensures schedule, budget, and performance requirements are met.
Essential Job Functions:
- Applies standard and non-standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to carry out relatively complex analytical work to determine the composition, properties, and/or structure of materials.
- Maintains specified records of test data.
- Prepares reports on analytical results for customers, including interpretation of results.
- Provides technical review for other analysts’ reports.
- Evaluates customer requests, determines testing requirements, and prepares project quotations.
- Is able to perform multiple assignments simultaneously.
- May direct phases of a single revenue-producing project.
- Protects confidential information and proprietary processes.
- Handles customer materials and company equipment in a responsible and efficient manner.
- Is familiar with relevant quality system documents and complies with all system requirements.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Education and Experience:
- PhD degree in either in Physics, Chemistry, Material Science or Engineering with experience in materials characterization and surface analysis techniques and equipment.
- BA or BS degree in either in Physics, Chemistry, Material Science or Engineering with three years of industry experience in materials characterization and surface analysis techniques and equipment.
- Experience in analytical chemistry, with working knowledge of characterization techniques: secondary ion mass spectroscopy (SIMS), X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS), and Auger spectroscopy, RBS, AFM, XRD, and FT-IR and with semiconductor materials and/or ancillary technical experience is helpful but not necessary.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Strong analysis and judgment skills.
- Able work with minimal supervision, work individually and as part of a team.
- Computer literate, high level of accuracy and detail oriented.
- Must be able to handle multiple functions at the same time.
- Maintain good organizational skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.