Weekend Plate Reader - FTC Until June 2022
- Wolverhampton, UK
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Please note this role is working Saturday & Sunday only, 7am-3pm.
This is a Fixed Term Contract until June 2022.
- Undertake all tasks within the laboratory appropriate to your level of training.
- Preparation and analysis of samples utilising good laboratory practice.
- Ensure samples received are handled in accordance with documented procedures, including attention to temperature control, storage and maintenance of sample integrity.
- Knowledge of Laboratory Quality System in order to comply with the policies, procedures and associated documents.
- Maintenance of accurate and systematic records as detailed in the quality procedures.
- Work with Team Leader, Laboratory Manager to achieve daily targets, ensuring client turnaround time is met.
- Work with the team on continuous improvement initiatives.
- Report any anomalies or concerns direct to your line leader.
- Ensure client contact is conducted in a professional manner and any client queries are dealt with or notified to your line leader.
- Uphold and maintain client and company confidentiality
- Comply with Health and Safety procedures keeping the working environment clean and tidy
- Maintenance of laboratory fittings and equipment as directed.
- Ensure personal protective equipment is worn in accordance with the Health & Safety policy.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the post as required.
- Maths, English, Chemistry or Biology at GCSE grade C or above or equivalent.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Good laboratory skills and practices.
- Enthusiasm, energy and a driven outlook.
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful