Clinical Packaging Coordinator
- Sandwich, UK
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Our innovative Professional Scientific Services (PSS) programme engages full-time scientists, technicians and technical support personnel managed by Eurofins directly at the client facility, to provide long term service needs while maintaining the same services, expertise and cGMP compliance available at the Eurofins facility. This multi award-winning programme offers excellent career opportunities for people who have a proven track record in combining excellent technical ability, with first class interpersonal and communication skills.
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and innovative Packaging Coordinator within the Clinical Supply Operations department. The role is to support our client with packaging solutions and facilitate the delivery of quality packaged clinical supplies to the patient. This is a new and exciting opportunity based at our client’s facility, a top tier Pharmaceutical company in Sandwich, Kent, UK.
The Packaging Coordinator (PC) interfaces globally with Supply Chain Leads (SCL), Operational Strategy Lead (OSL), Clinical Research Pharmacist (CRP), and all other groups within or outside supply chain to bring a packaging request to completion.
The position requires project management, supply chain management, communication and collaboration skills.
Primary Role Responsibilities
May include but will not be exclusive to the following and will be based on the applicants’ experience and clients’ requirements.-
- Providing Clinical Packaging expertise to the client stakeholders.
- Ensure effective communication with multiple stakeholders in a multifunctional team.
- Develop practical and efficient packaging designs for Clinical Supplies.
- Coordinate and communicate multiple study packaging and/or labelling requirements across a network of global packaging vendors and internal packaging facilities.
- Be compliant with Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMPs) when ensuring the delivery of clinical supplies.
- Utilize Project Management skills to plan, schedule and assess risks to complete the packaging operation
- Prepare/Approve packaging documentation and generate internal study paperwork to support packaging operations.
- Review internal/contractor packaging and labelling documents to ensure compliance with Clinical Supply Packaging procedures and study requirements.
- Work with Inventory Management, Quality Assurance and Global Analytics to co-ordinate and drive the progress of the packaging operation to ensure timelines are met.
- Support Global Clinical Supply or Clinical Supply Packaging continuous improvement initiatives
- Deliver excellent customer service and consistently strive to meet commitments to customers and optimize operational effectiveness.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives and support internal GMP audits and GMP facility/process inspections, where applicable.
- Demonstrate a ‘patient focused’ and ‘quality culture’ approach to Clinical supply packaging operations
Experience & Qualifications
- B.S. degree within a scientific discipline or 5 years equivalent experience in Supply Chain
- PMP certification or demonstrated project management experience
- Experience working in a GMP regulated work environment
- Attention to detail; ability to work with accuracy and make quick decisions with a ‘Right First Time’ approach.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and enterprise wide applications or systems (e.g. AXIS360, Clinicopia, CSDS, GDMS)
- Strong influencing skills
- Deliver quality under challenging timelines.
- Keen and willing to learn new skills and share knowledge with others.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to form strong working relationships with colleagues driving collaboration.
- Enthusiastic, approachable, energetic and effective in a team environment.
- Adheres to high standards and consistently focuses on customers and quality.
- Adaptable to changing priorities.
- Knowledge of clinical trial study designs is preferred
Pharmaceutical, Clinical Supply, Clinical Supplies, Clinical Packaging, Clinical Operations, Packaging Coordination, Packaging Vendor, Packaging Documentation, South England, South East, Kent, Sandwich