- Sandwich, UK
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Consider joining Eurofins, where people are the most important element in our business. Eurofins is a leading contract research organisation providing testing and research services in the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
Our innovative Professional Scientific Services (PSS) programme engages full-time scientists, analysts, technicians and technical support personnel managed by Eurofins directly at the client facility, to provide long term service needs while maintaining the same services, expertise and cGMP compliance available at the Eurofins facility. This multi award-winning programme offers excellent career opportunities for people who have a proven track record in combining excellent technical ability, with first class interpersonal and communication skills.
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and innovative Analytical Scientist to support either API or Drug Product to be based at our client’s facility, a top tier Pharmaceutical company in Sandwich, Kent, UK.
May include but will not be exclusive to the following and will be based on the applicants’ experience and clients’ requirements.-
- To perform routine and non-routine analysis using traditional and modern analytical techniques, as required by the Lead Scientist or client representative.
- To support formulation development/API/ Drug Product process and development through hands-on generation of accurate and precise analytical chemistry data using routine laboratory techniques such as liquid chromatography (HPLC,UPLC), USP / EP dissolution testing, gas chromatography (GC), mass spec and Karl Fisher titration.
- Supporting API or Drug Product process development through hands-on generation of accurate and precise analytical chemistry data development and execution of method validation protocols
- Providing hands-on analytical support to process development chemists (setting up analytical methods, troubleshooting methods and instrumentation, interpreting results, running samples and lab IPCs).
- Identifying, tracking and tabulating process related impurities through laboratory and pilot scale development studies.
- To develop assay / purity methods and assess method robustness / ruggedness.
- To generate data in support of clinical stability studies.
Additional Role Responsibilities, depending on experience may also include:
- To develop dissolution methodology that will provide some measure of an in vivo / in vitro relationship and serve as a quality control procedure.
- To design and execute of studies to ascertain degradation mechanisms in the solution and solid state.
- Assessment of process changes on the quality and the stability of Drug Products, intermediates and APIs, recording the impact of the changes on the impurity profiles.
- To assess stability risks by evaluating process changes and impact on degradation chemistry or dissolution profile, for example, using DoEs and accelerated stability studies.
- To transfer analytical methods to other laboratories and remote sites.
- To develop and support Process Analytical Technology (PAT) techniques.
Degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences or allied sciences or similar with a minimum of 12 months experience in a Research & Development analytical laboratory setting.
- Method Development and Validation experience required.
- A sound, fundamental knowledge of Chemistry is essential.
- Good foundation and experience with traditional analytical techniques as well as modern instrumental equipment (HPLC, UPLC, MS, NMR (liquid), vibrational spectroscopy, dissolution, Karl Fischer, and UV spectroscopy).
- Must possess basic knowledge of analysis methods and tools.
- Appropriate relevant experience of pharmaceutical analysis in a development laboratory within a group organization.
Pharmaceutical, Analytical science, Analytical chemist, analytical chemistry, analyst, analytical method, analytical development, South England, South East, Kent, Sandwich