Purchasing & Inventory Control Officer
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2018, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 laboratories across 47 countries, employing about 45.000 staff.
The Purchasing & Inventory Control Officer is primarily responsible for processing internal purchase requests, and maintaining an accurate inventory of raw products.
Warehouse Assistant/Inventory Control:
- Monitoring of inventory levels of both raw material inventory and consumable items for all departments (laboratory and administrative department) to ensure timely and accurate procurement
- Make sure goods are receipted and properly stored in the warehouse (6S housekeeping)
- Perform weekly inventory replenishment of KANBAN stock system within the laboratory and ensure the system meets the laboratory’s requirement – update if required
- Receiving ordered items in appropriate systems and submitting paperwork to Finance to process invoice and payment
- Assist dispatch function in picking and packing, i.e. receive and prepare customers consumables orders from Sales/Operation/Sample Management Supervisor
- Submitting and tracking purchase orders in internal purchasing systems i.e. COUPA to maintain sufficient inventory levels in order to support ongoing and planned production and services.
- Maintain an accurate inventory count of all products warehoused and/or consumed.
- Maintain inventory/purchasing modules within accounting system
- Other duties as assigned by management needed
- Key and central point of contact for all internal departments and external vendors regarding orders and general inquiries
- Represent department and the organization favorably and in accordance with established Company standards and associate attributes at all times
- Manages whole purchasing cycle which includes; request for quotation, PO creation, PO follow up, goods receipt entry and verification of supplier invoices, perform quality check on purchase requests/orders, i.e. to prevent duplicated orders
- Continuous sourcing and identification of suppliers and vendors and negotiation with suppliers for favorable pricing and quality
- Actively participate in team and company meetings
- Create and run reports for all internal associates in regards to products, inventory levels, and costing
- Assure appropriate expense codes, and departments are assigned to each purchase order
- Process cycle counts monthly to ensure inventory counts are current
- Demonstrate working knowledge of SOP regarding spending levels and procurement procedures
- Build rapport and maintain good relationships with suppliers and vendors
- Monitor supplier performance and ensure alignment to KPI’s and product specifications
- 1-2 years of Purchasing/Inventory, and general accounting experience
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, purchasing and inventory management systems
- Keenly attentive to detail, safety conscious with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Customer service focused and professional attitude
- Ability to solve problems, prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to interact effectively and work efficiently with people at all levels in an organization
- Work under supervision of management
- Excellent command of English (verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential
- Ability to lift and carry 10kg, and move/handle/push/pull up to 25kg using assistance as available
- Physical dexterity sufficient to move body frequently around laboratory equipment and instrumentation
- Ability to continuously operate a personal computer for extended periods of time (4 or more hours)
- Mental acuity sufficient to collect and interpret data, evaluate, reason, define problems, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, make valid judgments and decisions
What we offer: As an employer, we’re keen to look after our people with as much dedication as they look after our patients. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, excellent training and exceptional career prospects. We’re a growing and ambitious company, so there is huge potential here to develop with us and enjoy fantastic rewards in your career.
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.