Associate Analytical Chemist
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2018, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 laboratories across 47 countries, employing about 45.000 staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Applies GMP/GLP in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate
- Learns to conduct routine analyses in compliance with applicable methods, protocols, SOPs, and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Learns how to document work and maintain study documentation and laboratory records.
- Learns how to use laboratory equipment and software appropriate for assigned tasks.
- Attends and participates in project meetings.
- Learns to perform peer review of data.
- Learns to plan assigned workload on a daily basis and effectively schedule multiple assignments.
- Contributes to a cohesive team environment. Plans individual workload in coordination with team members.
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor's Degree or Professional Degree in Chemistry, Food Science or equivalent
- Interacts with operational personnel, scientific personnel, and department management.
- May work with potentially hazardous materials.
- Will be exposed to potential food allergens (ex. Milk, tree nuts, peanuts, fish, shellfish, etc.).
- Overtime and weekend work as required.
- Work requires some standing and sitting for long periods of time, including working within a laboratory hood and standing at a bench top.
- Work requires use of PPE (personal protective equipment).
- Will be exposed to potential food allergens.
What we offer: As an employer, we’re keen to look after our people with as much dedication as they look after our patients. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, excellent training and exceptional career prospects. We’re a growing and ambitious company, so there is huge potential here to develop with us and enjoy fantastic rewards in your career.
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.